Conflict between Ace Card & Airtel Card | Axis Bank

talk2rik

KF Ace
The good news for all is that the Axis Bank Ace Credit Card is now available without a joining fee for a limited period. However, there is a competitor, the Axis Bank Airtel Credit Card, which provides an extremely good cashback percentage for Utility Bill payments.

I have a few questions regarding the Axis Bank Airtel Credit Card please feel free to share your opinion, experts!
  1. I don't use Airtel Ecosystem. I don't even have an Airtel SIM of any type. Am I eligible to even sign in through the Airtel Thanks Application with other networks?
  2. If yes, do you think that the Axis Bank Airtel Credit Card can be appropriate for me (for just Utility Bill payments) even if I don't use anything of Airtel?
  3. Is the Axis Bank Ace Credit Card a good alternative to the Axis Bank Airtel Credit Card in terms of Utility Bill payments and offline spending as well?
  4. I do have the SBI SimplyCLICK & Cashback Credit Cards, ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card, HDFC Tata NeuPlus Credit Card, Axis My Zone & Neo Credit Cards. Do I really need an Axis Bank Ace Credit Card for better cashback in the field of Utility Bill payments and offline spending only?

Thanks in advance.

NISHOJI

KF Rookie
Axis Ace Vs Axis Airtel card in terms of utility only.

Ace gives 5% cashback on utility upto Rs500 in a month if you pay it through google pay. So it is good for you if total monthly bill is upto Rs 10000.

While Airtel gives 10% cashback upto Rs 250 per month if you pay through airtel thanks app. So it is good for you if your total monthly bill is upto Rs 2500.

Conclusion :
If your utility bill is upto Rs 5000 then both card give you Rs 250 as a cashback.
You can go for any card.

If your utility bill is less than Rs 5000 then go for Airtel axis card.

If your bill is greater than Rs 5000 then go for Ace card.

Offline : Airtel gives you 1% CB while Ace gives you 1.5%.
So, here Ace is better than Airtel.

Skylar

KF Master
I don't use Airtel Ecosystem. I don't even have an Airtel SIM of any type. Am I eligible to even sign in through the Airtel Thanks Application with other networks?
If you already have an Axis card you can check your preapproved section and if airtel card is being shown there you can apply for it directly from axis bank site/app.

Skylar

KF Master
If yes, do you think that the Axis Bank Airtel Credit Card can be appropriate for me (for just Utility Bill payments) even if I don't use anything of Airtel?
10% on utility up to 250/-
(Annually 3000)

10% on Swiggy, Zomato and Big basket up to 500/-

(Bigbasket - if your order from tata neu app 5% neu coins plus 10% with airtel card)

Airtel Card is totally worth it.

Regarding the Ace card,
the utility bills limit of ₹250 on the Airtel card is quickly exhausted, and it does not provide a 10% discount on recharges for other networks. Therefore, I use the Ace card for recharges on other networks and for utility bills once the Airtel card limit is reached.

The Axis Ace card is my primary choice for offline spending. Although both the Axis Ace and Airtel cards have annual fees, most of my expenditures are on the Axis Ace card, allowing the fee to be easily waived. However, despite having to pay the fee for the Airtel card, the returns it offers exceed the cost.