Consumer query - No number, no bill!

Centuryblack9

KF Rookie
So, I did a shopping at Bata showroom and as usual, they asked for my phone number during the billing process. I said I don't want to share my number and they said the bill will be delivered via SMS only. I know as per the latest circular the customer can opt to not to share the number but I don't know what to do if they don't provide bill through any other method but only SMS (for which I'm helpless to share the number).

Please advise.

Thanks!

arjungoyal12

KF Mentor
Companies are becoming so smart now. They will use the Save Paper movement as a way to get customer's number. Saying that they are saving paper and going paperless. There are some smart minds out there working on it. Hah... But you can ask them to share it on your email but still your personal information will go to them

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
So, I did a shopping at Bata showroom and as usual, they asked for my phone number during the billing process. I said I don't want to share my number and they said the bill will be delivered via SMS only. I know as per the latest circular the customer can opt to not to share the number but I don't know what to do if they don't provide bill through any other method but only SMS (for which I'm helpless to share the number).

Please advise.

Thanks!
Don't fall for such tricks. If you're paying by debit/ credit card, they will give you a payment receipt. That receipt can act as a proof of your purchase. In any case, they would already have the details of this purchase in their system

Haven't given my personal details for shopping in the last 3-4 years and have never have I faced issue with return or exchange.

Centuryblack9

KF Rookie
Don't fall for such tricks. If you're paying by debit/ credit card, they will give you a payment receipt. That receipt can act as a proof of your purchase. In any case, they would already have the details of this purchase in their system

Haven't given my personal details for shopping in the last 3-4 years and have never have I faced issue with return or exchange.
Thanks, Shavir. I'll try not to use UPI in such places.