Credit card for best reward/cashback in the market.

launchcraft

KF Mentor
So here's is the question..
I spent almost 70,000 yesterday for some car accessories offline, that is paying via merchant portal.
So now my doubt is which is the best card for this payment according to you.
Do share which card you would have used, why and how much exactly value you would get using that card either via cashback or some rewards.

Skylar

KF Master
I spent almost 70,000 yesterday for some car accessories offline, that is paying via merchant portal.
Do share which card you would have used, why and how much exactly value you would get using that card either via cashback or some rewards.
70K, I would have used my Myntra Kotak which has milestone benefit - Spend 50K in a quarter to get 2 complimentary PVR tickets worth Rs.250 each and also base reward rate of 1.25%
So, for 70K purchase 1.25% =875 + 500 tickets 1375 which is close to 2% return.

Else my axis ace which gives 1.5%

Feels like my cards don't give much return need to get new cards.

launchcraft

KF Mentor
70K, I would have used my Myntra Kotak which has milestone benefit - Spend 50K in a quarter to get 2 complimentary PVR tickets worth Rs.250 each and also base reward rate of 1.25%

Thanks for the input..much appreciated 🙂
We have to actually look for the better cards😅😅
For this transaction yesterday, I was actually in dilemma which card to use, which will give me the best return 🤔🤔

abhimarda

KF Mentor
Merchant portal means website of merchant.If that is the case then SBI cashback would have given 5% cashback of Rs 3500. But if you meant to say POS machine then Axis Ace probably

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor

DM for Amex referrals :p

launchcraft

KF Mentor
Merchant portal means website of merchant.If that is the case then SBI cashback would have given 5% cashback of Rs 3500. But if you meant to say POS machine then Axis Ace probably
naaa...I have mentioned offline..
Merchant portal means through their card machine..
Online ke liye to we have n number of options but what about offline purchase.

launchcraft

KF Mentor
DM for Amex referrals :p
Do you get more returns on using your AMEX card...I don't think so..
I have a AMEX card but I don't think it is even at par with most of the card like HDFC TATA Neu or ICICI AMAZON Pay.
Do tell me your reasons to suggest AMEX to people.

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
Do you get more returns on using your AMEX card...I don't think so..
I have a AMEX card but I don't think it is even at par with most of the card like HDFC TATA Neu or ICICI AMAZON Pay.
Do tell me your reasons to suggest AMEX to people.
It depends on how you use it. I use it for Marriot bookings where I have made roughly 9% back with bonus conversion deals and booking at the right time (also 12k MR points from referrals). It’s not viable if you don’t spend enough but if you can hit those thresholds with your normal spends, it’s very practical.

zacobite

KF Mentor
scb ult / dcb or infinia / yes marquee

launchcraft

KF Mentor
It depends on how you use it. I use it for Marriot bookings where I have made roughly 9% back with bonus conversion deals and booking at the right time (also 12k MR points from referrals). It’s not viable if you don’t spend enough but if you can hit those thresholds with your normal spends, it’s very practical.
For day to day spendings, it's not worth it..
For special occasions and events, we can consider that.

launchcraft

KF Mentor
Yes, I calculate my returns per annum and this is definitely worth the fee that I pay. (For reference, I pay combined ~15K for my 3 Amex cards and have reaped roughly ~1.7L worth of return per year with some bonus referrals added as well).
Impressive... that's possible because you have that spending or the expenses are taken care that way but if some is willing to take a credit card for their basic expenditure...it won't give that much return..

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
Yes, I calculate my returns per annum and this is definitely worth the fee that I pay. (For reference, I pay combined ~15K for my 3 Amex cards and have reaped roughly ~1.7L worth of return per year with some bonus referrals added as well).
To clarify, if you book diligently, you can get 1:1.8 ratio from MR points to Marriot points and this when compared against their standard fee, is an absolute game changer. Btw, which Amex cards do you have and how do you use them currently? @launchcraft

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
Impressive... that's possible because you have that spending or the expenses are taken care that way but if some is willing to take a credit card for their basic expenditure...it won't give that much return..
Absolutely correct, that's why I mentioned that you have to hit those milestones with your normal spends. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense to overspend on unnecessary things just to hit the milestones. For me, I use my platinum travel and regalia for my family spends as well. So it helps

launchcraft

KF Mentor
Absolutely correct, that's why I mentioned that you have to hit those milestones with your normal spends. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense to overspend on unnecessary things just to hit the milestones. For me, I use my platinum travel and regalia for my family spends as well. So it helps
Yes...nicely explained everything..
Thank you
Tell me how's regalia in terms of return..
and for your offline spendings which card you use..

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
Yes...nicely explained everything..
Thank you
Tell me how's regalia in terms of return..
and for your offline spendings which card you use..
I make roughly 11% from Regalia, because I mostly use it for rewards multiplier only. The upcoming rewards transfer to Accor will be a good one for me, expecting to increase the returns to 11.7% with this. And I always try and hit my Amex milestones first because Amex points never expire and I use my regalia ones first (although I hit them towards end of the year) because they expire. For offline, I currently use One card if it's within my limit or use Regalia if it's more than my one card limit. For some reason, OneCard is rejecting my limit increase requests
EDIT: This is including the annual milestones and the cummilative ALL booking value. This year might be different due to the HDFC overall T&C revisions.

launchcraft

KF Mentor
I make roughly 11% from Regalia, because I mostly use it for rewards multiplier only. The upcoming rewards transfer to Accor will be a good one for me, expecting to increase the returns to 11.7% with this. And I always try and hit my Amex milestones first because Amex points never expire and I use my regalia ones first (although I hit them towards end of the year) because they expire. For offline, I currently use One card if it's within my limit or use Regalia if it's more than my one card limit. For some reason, OneCard is rejecting my limit increase requests
EDIT: This is including the annual milestones and the cummilative ALL booking value. This year might be different due to the HDFC overall T&C revisions.
Thanks for the input..
For one card wait for a year I guess for the desired limit as they are not entertaining new customers neither they take any limit increase request..
You have to wait for the increase..