Credit card income proof

umangarya10

KF Rookie
Tell me one thing guyzz......
I've always wanted premium credit cards. But often times, the income eligibility is quite high. I'm a student & don't file ITR. If I were to lie in my credit card application, and for eg manage to get the credit card approved, will I come under the IT dept radar ?

Skylar

KF Master
I've always wanted premium credit cards. But often times, the income eligibility is quite high. I'm a student & don't file ITR. If I were to lie in my credit card application, and for eg manage to get the credit card approved, will I come under the IT dept radar ?
Hihi nope, depends upon your location.
Few banks do office and home verification very strictly.

Freelancers usually have office and home address as same.

Gogineni

KF Expert
you'll be under IT Rader when you spend more than 10lac in a year. or pay credit card bill of 1lac or more in cash.

The credit decision-making process of banks is too difficult to fool. They can access the entire credit worthiness of the applicant just by using the PAN number.

Hitting it against Bureau's will give them many details about you. Exiting loans & credit cards (both open and closed), defaults (if any), days of missing payments, lists of residential and office addresses, etc.

Also, when asked for income proof, the only option is 3-6 months of a salary slip or ITR, being a student producing both would be difficult.

zacobite

KF Mentor
IT dept doesn't chk cc application.. it follows your spends vs income..

abhimarda

KF Mentor
Why do you want to have such card? As you noted that you are a student, so you won't be able to enjoy it's benefit to the fullest either as I assume you don't have any income source. The premium cards will have high annual charges and high spend based reversal criteria. They may come with high limits but isn't that trying to get into a debt trap while you don't have backing income. Once you are earning, take appropriate credit card which suits your spend pattern.