Credit card limit increase

dg1

KF Ace
Hello everyone,

Is it good option to increase the credit card limit if bank is upfront providing it.

Also in general what points to take care before opting for credit limit.

I have ICICI Amazon pay CC on which bank offering increase credit limit.

Thank you in advance.

hitirfan

KF Mentor
Hello everyone,

Is it good option to increase the credit card limit if bank is upfront providing it.

Thank you in advance.
Le lena chahiye, fir Credit Utilization ratio kam hoga

Skylar

KF Master
Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance.
It is always beneficial to have a higher credit limit.

Could you please share your current limit and the new limit being offered by ICICI?

- Only downside is "Overleveraged" if your overall credit limit of all the cards is higher than your annual income then Banks like SBI wouldn't approve their cards. So, it is recommended you apply for banks such as SBI at the beginning of your credit card journey.

dg1

KF Ace
It is always beneficial to have a higher credit limit.

Could you please share your current limit and the new limit being offered by ICICI?

- Only downside is "Overleveraged" if your overall credit limit of all the cards is higher than your annual income then Banks like SBI wouldn't approve their cards. So, it is recommended you apply for banks such as SBI at the beginning of your credit card journey.
Idfc select CC 1 lacs 75 k
Hdfc regalia 5 lacs
ICICI Amazon pay 3 lacs 40 K
Flipkart axis Bank card 3 lacs

Total limit on all cards rs. 13,15,000

Total annual gross income 11.5 lacs

Skylar

KF Master
Idfc select CC 1 lacs 75 k
Hdfc regalia 5 lacs
ICICI Amazon pay 3 lacs 40 K
Flipkart axis Bank card 3 lacs

Total limit on all cards rs. 13,15,000

Total annual gross income 11.5 lacs
Good limits on those cards, have you tried applying for SBI?

dg1

KF Ace
So
That would be tough to acquire now, but you have good limits on HDFC, Axis and ICICI you can get top cards from them.
What you suggest should I try getting limit increase on existing cards. I was thinking to apply for SBI cash back card and also 1 rupay credit card for UPI spends. Pls suggest should I wait or apply for SBI and 1 rupay credit card.

hitirfan

KF Mentor
So

What you suggest should I try getting limit increase on existing cards. I was thinking to apply for SBI cash back card and also 1 rupay credit card for UPI spends. Pls suggest should I wait or apply for SBI and 1 rupay credit card.
You may have LTF Coral Rupay Card offer of ICICI, check there.

Reactions: dg1

sudoabhi

KF Ace
Okay... Should I increase my limit on existing cards
Your Apay has decent limit. I don't see any benefit in LE for Apay now.
I have Apay with limit of 6 lacs. No perks that i can see, just making me over leveraged that's all.

dg1

KF Ace
Your Apay has decent limit. I don't see any benefit in LE for Apay now.
I have Apay with limit of 6 lacs. No perks that i can see, just making me over leveraged that's all.
Sorry but I didn't understand what is 'LE' you are referring to.

Skylar

KF Master
I will try to apply for SBI cash back card. Thanks
Yes, go ahead and try for it. Add an annual income of ₹15 lakhs which is more than your total leverage. During verification, you can inform them that you received a hike and this is your new annual income. Try using the SBI Sprint portal, as it has a high chance of approvals.

- Don't worry, even if the application is rejected. You can easily get Swiggy HDFC card.

After the application, obtain that credit limit increase as well; you never know how useful having a high credit limit can be.

Last edited:

dg1

KF Ace
Yes, go ahead and try for it. Add an annual income of ₹15 lakhs which is more than your total leverage. During verification, you can inform them that you received a hike and this is your new annual income. Try using the SBI Sprint portal, as it has a high chance of approvals.

- Don't worry, even if the application is rejected. You can easily get Swiggy HDFC card.

After the application, obtain that credit limit increase as well; you never know how useful having a high credit limit can be.

Do anyone get SBI cashback card as Life time free in offer. Just checking.