Credit card limit increase

dg1

KF Ace
Yes, go ahead and try for it. Add an annual income of ₹15 lakhs which is more than your total leverage. During verification, you can inform them that you received a hike and this is your new annual income. Try using the SBI Sprint portal, as it has a high chance of approvals.

- Don't worry, even if the application is rejected. You can easily get Swiggy HDFC card.

After the application, obtain that credit limit increase as well; you never know how useful having a high credit limit can be.
Sorry for coming back on this but could you please suggest if I should now try for rupay credit card rather than a SBI cashback credit card. I don't have any rupay card as of now for UPI payment. Will this be good move.

What you suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Skylar

KF Master
Sorry for coming back on this but could you please suggest if I should now try for rupay credit card rather than a SBI cashback credit card. I don't have any rupay card as of now for UPI payment. Will this be good move.

What you suggest.

Thanks in advance.
SBI Cashback Card has an annual fee of ₹1,178.82, which is relatively high (5% of ₹23,600 = ₹1,180). If this card aligns with your spending criteria, it is recommended; otherwise, it may not be suitable.

Regarding RuPay cards, you may consider alternatives from other banks such as ICICI Coral, HDFC NeU, and Axis Airtel RuPay cards.

Reactions: dg1

dg1

KF Ace
SBI Cashback Card has an annual fee of ₹1,178.82, which is relatively high (5% of ₹23,600 = ₹1,180). If this card aligns with your spending criteria, it is recommended; otherwise, it may not be suitable.

Regarding RuPay cards, you may consider alternatives from other banks such as ICICI Coral, HDFC NeU, and Axis Airtel RuPay cards.
1.So it means to recover my annual fees for SBI cashback card I need to spend at least rs.23,600 right?

2. Is there any good SBI rupay card compared to above you mentioned.
My logic for preferring SBI rupay card is that once I get SBI rupay card I will be in better position to get SBI cashback card. Correct me if my logic is correct or not.

sudoabhi

KF Ace
Is there any good SBI rupay card
1) SBI SimplySave Rupay or SBI IRCTC Rupay, both are good
Take my referral sbicard.com/invite/jhUtRnRwXbU and get Rs500 amazon voucher as well

2) SBI BPCL, some people get this as RuPay variant. You can try to ask for RuPay after applying.
Along with Fuel Benefits, BPCL also has 5X RP(1.25%) on Groceries, Departmental Stores, Movies & Dining
Also, ₹2,000 Activation Bonus Reward Points worth Rs. 500 on payment of joining fee. So joining fee is recovered.
Take my referral bitli.in/58zhJdU

dg1

KF Ace

@Skylar is my understanding correct regarding 2 points as per last message
1.So it means to recover my annual fees for SBI cashback card I need to spend at least rs.23,600 right?

2. Is there any good SBI rupay card compared to above you mentioned.
My logic for preferring SBI rupay card is that once I get SBI rupay card I will be in better position to get SBI cashback card. Correct me if my logic is correct or not.

zacobite

KF Mentor
Hello everyone,

Is it good option to increase the credit card limit if bank is upfront providing it.

Also in general what points to take care before opting for credit limit.

I have ICICI Amazon pay CC on which bank offering increase credit limit.

Thank you in advance.
pls take the increase.. no downside..

Skylar

KF Master
@Skylar is my understanding correct regarding 2 points as per last message
SBI’s process can be quite complex. Some of my friends who already possess SBI cards are finding it difficult to obtain the SBI Cashback Card, while others are receiving it with ease. This indicates that the situation with SBI is indeed complicated, as you mentioned.

Your understanding is correct. But once you complete the form, SBI will display all the cards for which you are eligible. If the SBI Cashback Card is among them, you can directly opt for it without needing to take any additional steps.

dg1

KF Ace
SBI’s process can be quite complex. Some of my friends who already possess SBI cards are finding it difficult to obtain the SBI Cashback Card, while others are receiving it with ease. This indicates that the situation with SBI is indeed complicated, as you mentioned.

Your understanding is correct. But once you complete the form, SBI will display all the cards for which you are eligible. If the SBI Cashback Card is among them, you can directly opt for it without needing to take any additional steps.
Thank you... Is SBI cashback card available in rupay varient.

zacobite

KF Mentor

sbi is v finicky.. wont gve too many cards, rejects on overleverage on limits and number of cards.. same with hsbc

dg1

KF Ace
As of now it is available in visa only everyone waiting for that card to be in rupay.
I am trying to apply for hdfc neu rupay card but while applying it's mentioned that my credit limit will be shared with my existing HDFC CC. Same is mentioned while I apply for airtel axis card. Currently having HDFc regalia and axis Flipkart card.

Is this how this works? where we apply for some other card from same bank which I already have another card. And will not get additional credit limit on seperate card from same bank.

Below is the pop up message I'm getting.
Note : The overall credit card limit with Axis Bank will remain the same. The existing limit will be shared across existing card(s) and the new card.

zacobite

KF Mentor
I am trying to apply for hdfc neu rupay card but while applying it's mentioned that my credit limit will be shared with my existing HDFC CC. Same is mentioned while I apply for airtel axis card. Currently having HDFc regalia and axis Flipkart card.

Is this how this works? where we apply for some other card from same bank which I already have another card. And will not get additional credit limit on seperate card from same bank.

Note : The overall credit card limit with Axis Bank will remain the same. The existing limit will be shared across existing card(s) and the new card.
most banks for starting cards doing it now.. getting too many cards from same back is nit v rewarding.. not more than 1 ideally.. maybe 2 from a few depending on usage... build a core stash of 3-4 main cards.. and others can kp chg

Hello everyone,

Is it good option to increase the credit card limit if bank is upfront providing it.

Also in general what points to take care before opting for credit limit.

I have ICICI Amazon pay CC on which bank offering increase credit limit.

Thank you in advance.
Its always good to increase the credit limit of your cards. You can always restrict the usage limit with card control settings. Remember that percentage usage of your credit card limit is a deciding factor for your CIBIL score.

Skylar

KF Master

1724592403564.png
Its same for every bank mostly shared limit not new limit is given. (SBI Exception)
Don't forget to use my refferal for tata neu we both will get 500 neu coins 😁