Credit card query

shashwat

KF Ace
I've found the easiest way to go through EVA, HDFC's chatbot. In general, your netbanking should also have an option. If you don't see it anywhere, go to your bank branch and ask for it.

Remember, credit limit increase is something the bank decides, and not an option available to everyone. If HDFC isn't giving the option yet, it means the trust may not be established yet. Continue to use your HDFC credit card, and pay back regularly.

17ysaurabh

KF Mentor
Hey @Dalbir Singh, HDFC Bank usually sends an offer to increase the credit card limit. It is based on your credit-worthiness. If you have an HDFC savings account, that's a plus.

Last month, I received an offer to increase my HDFC Millenia CC limit from Rs. 1,31,000 to Rs. 5,00,000. I have an HDFC Bank savings account that I use actively.

vamsi18

KF Ace
For some, HDFC itself will send communication that you are eligible for credit limit increase. If not then check below.

My friend contacted customer care for same and he was informed that if card is used frequently for 6 months, then they would increase the limit.

Try utilising your credit card near to and less than 30 % of your limit.
If your utilisation is near 30% for 6 months, then you can contact HDFC customer care and ask for increase in limit.

For some, HDFC itself will send communication that you are eligible for credit limit increase. If not then check below.

My friend contacted customer care for same and he was informed that if card is used frequently for 6 months, then they would increase the limit.

Try utilising your credit card near to and less than 30 % of your limit.
If your utilisation is near 30% for 6 months, then you can contact HDFC customer care and ask for increase in limit.
I have been using Paytm HDFC card for around 2 years, and Tata Neu Plus CC around 1 year. Although Paytm CC is not used that much, TATA Neu CC is being used by me regularly, per month at least 10K. But I haven't received any kind of limit enhancement offer or something like that. Even when I log in into net banking and there is option to limit increase, it always says let our bank representative contact you with an offer, but no one calls. Found the working method to increase CC limit by sending them, income document along with some form via post or mail. But it's a hectic process.