Credit Cards Cutting Down on Lounge Access?

Hema Kulkarni

KF Mentor
Does anyone else feel that suddenly Banks have decided unanimously to cut down on Lounge Access. First it was IDFC, then ICICI and now HDFC. I feel that rest of the Banks will soon follow the suit.

I agree that off late Lounges were getting really overcrowded, but suddenly removing such benefits from Credit Card is not fair.

What do you think of this decision?

17ysaurabh

KF Mentor
I have recently been in a domestic lounge. Despite being a decent-sized lounge, it was overcrowded. Besides the banks have to pay for our lounge visits. So, when folks just start exploiting the benefits they are given, then such harsh steps must be taken.
I still believe some banks would continue providing lounge benefits so as to attract new customers to them.

Skylar

KF Master
but suddenly removing such benefits from Credit Card is not fair.
Totally fair, it is a convince to be used when you have to wait cause of delayed flights and to avoid the overpriced food in the airports.
But people started abusing the system. Its influencers fault they promoted cards for looting buffy in airport.

zacobite

KF Mentor
I have recently been in a domestic lounge. Despite being a decent-sized lounge, it was overcrowded. Besides the banks have to pay for our lounge visits. So, when folks just start exploiting the benefits they are given, then such harsh steps must be taken.
I still believe some banks would continue providing lounge benefits so as to attract new customers to them.
It would be unfair to say exploiting.. its like when air deccan started selling low price tickets and everyone started flying.. people are trying to benefit from what they paid for, aspired for.. eating in a lounge.. its a first time for many, its a status symbol for many.. and to be fair airport food is expensive!... Banks baited customers with that, oversold cards while basic infrastructure remains same.. now you have overcrowding, wait times, ok ok to bad food and almost no service.. With the recent spend based criteria chg by many banks.. the crowds MAY reduce... wait and watch...