Different CC no in my cibil.

rohit911

KF Ace
I got my idfc wow credit card in January 2024.
Today I checked my credit score through onescore app and I noticed that the credit card no. Is different from what I have.
Then I checked through kotak app and it's the same case there too.
What should I do now.

zacobite

KF Mentor
Today I checked my credit score through onescore app and I noticed that the credit card no. Is different from what I have.
What should I do now.
sometimes they have diff account number mentioned not always cc number only

Skylar

KF Master
What should I do now.
The CIBIL report does not include your credit card number. Instead, it contains a unique ID number generated by the bank. So, the number you found on your reports is just a number that the bank gave to the bureau to identify your card.

CIBIL (TransUnion) is just a credit bureau, and it is not reasonable to expect banks to provide them with your credit card number directly. Instead, banks assign a unique identifier to each credit card for recognition across various bureaus.

Skylar

KF Master
Consider this scenario: If credit bureaus were to be hacked, granting unauthorized access to all credit card numbers, it would indeed pose a significant threat. However, banks mitigate this risk by assigning a unique identifier to each credit card. This identifier includes essential data such as the credit limit and the date of approval. Even if this information were to be leaked, it would not directly endanger you.
Thats the reason you see different numbers there.