Discounts on Gift Cards of popular brands like Zomato, Swiggy, WestSide, etc.

17ysaurabh

KF Mentor
Hey guys, if any of you are aware of ways in which we can get more than a 5% discount on gift cards of popular brands, please share here.

Why am I asking this?
  • Not many of us have multiple credit cards. Those who have may not be having the ones with great offers. So, gift cards provide a great means to avail discounts.
  • There are some special kinds of discount/cashback like HDFC card users have SmartBuy.

17ysaurabh

KF Mentor
When you buy gift cards using Amazon Pay ICICI credit card:

1. Zomato:
7% Cashback instantly + 2% Cashback on credit card

2. WestSide:
8% Cashback instantly + 2% Cashback on credit card

3. Make my Trip:
5% Cashback instantly + 2% Cashback on credit card

The best thing about these rewards is that they can be availed one time every month. You just need to collect it from the Reward Section.

I am a fan of such vouchers (Amazon Pay, Amazon Shopping, Swiggy, Zomato, Myntra, Celio, Flipkart, Tanishq etc....).

My most go to websites to grab vouchers at good offers: PayTM, Amazon & Payzapp/HDFC Smartbuy Instavouchers./Gyftr

Specifically if the voucher of my need comes at great return for money at HDFC Smartbuy, I prefer to use my HDFC Regalia there for maximum benefits. But, for quite a while they have started to charge hefty 3.5% as transaction fee on the most demanded vouchers such as AMAZON PAY (Barely a month back, they were charging somewhere around 1.5%) . At the same time, vouchers for Myntra, Amazon Shopping etc often carry no transaction fee but gives 5X rewards points for paying thru HDFC credit cards.

Sometime, PayTM also surprises with great 8-9% cashback offers. But, for AmazonPay gift card purchase, they don't allow to use any "Credit Card" (Except Rupay CC). One more less talked place to buy vouchers ICICI iMobile (for ICICI Credit Card/Saving account users only), they don't charge any transaction fee (use only if everywhere fails to save any bucks)

So,
  1. HDFC Smartbuy/InstaVoucher/GYFTR + HDFC Regalia CC : For any voucher except AmazonPay Voucher.
  2. PayTM Vouchers (7-8% cashback) + Amazon Pay CC (1% extra return) : For any voucher except AmazonPay Voucher.
  3. Amazon Gift Cards (applicable cashback) + Amazon Pay CC (2% extra return) : Amazon Pay CC
  4. ICICI iMobile Vouchers + Amazon Pay CC (1% extra return ?) : All vouchers mostly no offers but, cost to cost purchase. (Last option)
Please let me know, if any other option available & I should try.
Thank you so much (This is indeed my one of the favourite topics)!

Last edited:

17ysaurabh

KF Mentor
I am a fan of such vouchers (Amazon Pay, Amazon Shopping, Swiggy, Zomato, Myntra, Celio, Flipkart, Tanishq etc....).

My most go to websites to grab vouchers at good offers: PayTM, Amazon & Payzapp/HDFC Smartbuy Instavouchers./Gyftr

Specifically if the voucher of my need comes at great return for money at HDFC Smartbuy, I prefer to use my HDFC Regalia there for maximum benefits. But, for quite a while they have started to charge hefty 3.5% as transaction fee on the most demanded vouchers such as AMAZON PAY (Barely a month back, they were charging somewhere around 1.5%) . At the same time, vouchers for Myntra, Amazon Shopping etc often carry no transaction fee but gives 5X rewards points for paying thru HDFC credit cards.

Sometime, PayTM also surprises with great 8-9% cashback offers. But, for AmazonPay voucher purchase they don't allow to use any "Credit Card" (Except Rupay CC). One more less talked place to buy vouchers ICICI iMobile (for ICICI Credit Card/Saving account users only), they don't charge any transaction fee (use only if everywhere fails to save any bucks)

So,
  1. HDFC Smartbuy/InstaVoucher/GYFTR + HDFC Regalia CC : For any voucher except AmazonPay Voucher.
  2. PayTM Vouchers (7-8% cashback) + Amazon Pay CC (1% extra return) : For any voucher except AmazonPay Voucher.
  3. Amazon Gift Cards (applicable cashback) + Amazon Pay CC (2% extra return) : Amazon Pay CC (1% extra return)
  4. ICICI iMobile Vouchers + Amazon Pay CC (1% extra return ?) : All vouchers mostly no offers but, cost to cost purchase. (Last option)
Please let me know, if any other option available & I should try.
Thank you so much (This is indeed my one of the favourite topics)!
Thanks for sharing.
I checked Paytm. There are some really good Gift Card offers. Mentioning some of them here:

1. Dominos:
12% Cashback

2. McDonald's:
10% Cashback

3. Max:
12% Cashback

4. Trends:
11% Cashback

5. Apollo Pharmacy:
11% Cashback

Glad you liked it. One thing by the way, while buying Gift vouchers from any such websites, check their T&C. Sometimes, the purchased vouchers only applicable for offline use ie, at their retail stores. (Eg. Tanishq, Woodland etc. offline store only)

dipinkoc2

KF Rookie
Hey guys, if any of you are aware of ways in which we can get more than a 5% discount on gift cards of popular brands, please share here.

Why am I asking this?
  • Not many of us have multiple credit cards. Those who have may not be having the ones with great offers. So, gift cards provide a great means to avail discounts.
  • There are some special kinds of discount/cashback like HDFC card users have SmartBuy.

Why am I asking this?

I am using Fave app, though its prepaid app and linked with upi.. but it has some good option for both online and offline stores. Best part of this app is that you can get voucher of exact any amount of denomination. I have used it at lifestyle stores and other stores and it helped me as I only paid the exact amount via voucher like to the pennies.