DND Registered No., Yet Receiving SPAMMY & FRAUDULENT CALLS & SMS ?? Follow this:

Apple's App Store dropped the TRAI's DND 2.0 app after two years. This happened probably because Apple requires apps to get at least one update per year from it's app developer, or they get removed. I was so prompt in using this app, and I was disappointed when it was removed. I tried the government's UMANG app for reporting spam calls and messages, but it was confusing.

But, still I found a simple way to report spam calls and messages:
  1. Send a message to TRAI at 1909 in this format: iApp-Your message about the number,(without +91)10-digit Number or Header name (for SMS),DD/MM/YY.
  2. You'll get a confirmation message with a Service Request Number and a 7-day deadline for resolution from TRAI.
  3. Finally the resolution within 7 days as promised.
1.PNG2.PNGf20ba8b7-f710-4c94-ae83-eddd38fbd1b8.jpeg
This simple basic way of reporting works on Android, Apple or even simple feature phone also.
Reporting once can help protect others from these spams & scams.

Share your thoughts, and thank you!

Last edited:

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
Apple's App Store dropped the TRAI's DND 2.0 app after two years. This happened probably because Apple requires apps to get at least one update per year from it's app developer, or they get removed. I was so prompt in using this app, and I was disappointed when it was removed. I tried the government's UMANG app for reporting spam calls and messages, but it was confusing.

But, still I found a simple way to report spam calls and messages:
  1. Send a message to TRAI at 1909 in this format: iApp-Your message about the number,(without +91)10-digit Number or Header name (for SMS),DD/MM/YY.
  2. You'll get a confirmation message with a Service Request Number and a 7-day deadline for resolution from TRAI.
  3. Finally the resolution within 7 days as promised.
View attachment 29View attachment 30View attachment 36
This simple basic way of reporting works on Android, Apple or even simple feature phone also.
Reporting once can help protect others from these spams & scams.

Share your thoughts, and thank you!
Hey @RajeshParashar , thank you for this. As suggested this works, but the issue is that most of us get atleast 15-20 SPAM Calls in a day. Doing this for every single number sounds too painful. Any shortcut for reporting all the SPAM Numbers at once?

Hey @RajeshParashar , thank you for this. As suggested this works, but the issue is that most of us get atleast 15-20 SPAM Calls in a day. Doing this for every single number sounds too painful. Any shortcut for reporting all the SPAM Numbers at once?
Hello @ShavirB !
TRAI's DND 2.0 provided the exactly the same simplicity of single-swiping the numbers or headers at the call/sms log list to eliminate irritating spam calls and texts by reporting them. But now, it's gone, and there's no such other replacement app. In the absence of DND app, I spent a year requesting and posting for assistance from official MeitY and TRAI platforms and social media accounts, but received NO reaction or a similar functional app. But, finally using some common sense, this template worked for me.

I understand taking time to purposefully report every unwanted SMS or Calls this way is painful.
But to my sweet surprise & victory, gradually such calls & SMSs almost stopped for my number after some 6-7 days of constant reporting.

Last edited: