Do You Remember Your First Credit Card?

Skylar

KF Master
If so, which one was it, and how did you acquire it?”

Feel free to share your story, whether it involved researching offers, receiving approval, or learning valuable lessons along the way. Your insights will enrich our community discussions!

My journey into the world of credit cards began with the Kotak Mahindra Bank. It wasn’t a deliberate choice; rather, it found me through a pre-approved offer bundled with my savings account.

I used it for 3 years, and Fast forward to 2023, and my credit card collection has blossomed. Like a bouquet of financial blooms, each card serves a purpose: I Acquired 7 new cards in 2023 alone.

• Axis ACE
  • HDFC Business Money Back and Tata Neu Plus
  • IDFC First Select
  • ICICI Amazon Pay and Rupay Coral
  • One Card

So, fellow community members, what’s your credit card saga? Share your tales, tips, and triumphs—we’re all navigating this financial maze together! 🌟💳

Help101

KF Ace
I think my first credit card was a secured Icici platinum which i got with the fb based savings account and then Amazon pay, SBI, One card, Idfc and finally Axis bank. Quite a journey

The credit which i have is of SBI but I got to know that whether its in use or not yearly money deductions for just having it may take place, what shall be the better option if there is no such imp use of credit cards?

launchcraft

KF Mentor
My first credit card was ICICI Platinum chip card which I have till today and it is just roaming around because after this I got ONECARD, Amazon PAY ICICI CARD easily and now after Platinum it got upgraded to Coral card that too in RUPAY Variant which I use for UPI transactions.
After these I got two cards added to my portfolio with INDUSIND LEGEND CARD and HDFC TATA NEU INFINITY CARD, this one is very useful as it is RUPAY Variant which can be used in UPI and it gives flat 10% DISCOUNT on all tata brands like BIG BASKET,CROMA,TANISHQ, etc.
TOTAL I have 10 credit cards in my portfolio all for different discounts and features.

Dipa319

KF Ace
I like LTF Credit Card. I have not used a chargeable credit card yet.
My First Credit card was - the ICICI Coral Credit Card. Then I got Amazon pay ICICI Credit Card. I have been using these two credit cards since 2019.

In 2021,
  • HDFC Millennia Credit Card.
In 2022,
  • Flipkart Axis
  • BOB Premier
  • PNB Rupay Platinum
  • Kotak Urbane Gold
In 2023,
  • ICICI Coral Rupay
  • Kotak UPI Ruapy
  • HDFC Tata Neu Infinity
In 2024,
  • Axis MyZone
  • IDFC First Millennia

Skylar

KF Master
I like LTF Credit Card. I have not used a chargeable credit card yet.
My First Credit card was - the ICICI Coral Credit Card. Then I got Amazon pay ICICI Credit Card. I have been using these two credit cards since 2019.

In 2021,
  • HDFC Millennia Credit Card.
In 2022,
  • Flipkart Axis
  • BOB Premier
  • PNB Rupay Platinum
  • Kotak Urbane Gold
In 2023,
  • ICICI Coral Rupay
  • Kotak UPI Ruapy
  • HDFC Tata Neu Infinity
In 2024,
  • Axis MyZone
  • IDFC First Millennia
Wow that is cool collection you have.
My credit card journey started with "Kotak Urbane Gold card"
we both have 3 cards in common Kotak, Icici Apay and Coral rupay

zacobite

KF Mentor
If so, which one was it, and how did you acquire it?”

Feel free to share your story, whether it involved researching offers, receiving approval, or learning valuable lessons along the way. Your insights will enrich our community discussions!

My journey into the world of credit cards began with the Kotak Mahindra Bank. It wasn’t a deliberate choice; rather, it found me through a pre-approved offer bundled with my savings account.

I used it for 3 years, and Fast forward to 2023, and my credit card collection has blossomed. Like a bouquet of financial blooms, each card serves a purpose: I Acquired 7 new cards in 2023 alone.

• Axis ACE
  • HDFC Business Money Back and Tata Neu Plus
  • IDFC First Select
  • ICICI Amazon Pay and Rupay Coral
  • One Card

So, fellow community members, what’s your credit card saga? Share your tales, tips, and triumphs—we’re all navigating this financial maze together! 🌟💳
Citibank gold 23 yrs ago

vamsi18

KF Ace
I've started mine with ICICI Platinum that came along with my salary account.
Very recently understood the benefits of credit cards and started adding up them,
Got Scapia, Onecard, ICIC Coral Rupay, ICIC Rubyx AMEX, Jupiter Edge Rupay.
All of them LTF.

Planning for Amazon ICICI and Axis Neo to be my next LTF.
Then SBI Cashback card to be my only paid card.

I already have HDFC, RBL and Kotak cards with my family members. So with the above I should be having cc from all major banks :D.

vamsi18

KF Ace
any specific reason choosing NEO? when you can get my zone for LTF too.
I did have this dilemma on what to take myzone or neo but then I compared them both.
The only edge that myzone has over Neo is the BOGO offer and airport lounge.
I already have both of them covered with my RBL and Scapia or other ICICI cards.
Plus to avail swiggy offer the min order is 500 which is not much possible for me as I order from different restaurants. So that's hard to avail. Whereas for Neo minimum order is 200 which is more practical. Plus the 5% cashback
So... Thought to go with Neo

vamsi18

KF Ace
5% on utility?
Maximum discount is capped at INR 150 per month, minimum transaction amount is INR 299
this made me rethink and

Reward Point EarningMy zone 4 EDGE Reward Points/₹200Neo 1 EDGE Reward Points/₹200
yes but at least this gives 5% while my zone doesn't give any.
And with rewards points I do not have much hope to gain :D If I spend 25k, I'll get 100 rupee in return. And also reward redemption fee of 50+ on top of it.
I'm still in dilemma now🤣

zacobite

KF Mentor
And with rewards points I do not have much hope to gain :D If I spend 25k, I'll get 100 rupee in return. And also reward redemption fee of 50+ on top of it.
You won't become rich on cc rewards.. if u take so much effort for 100 rs.. the value of your time is much more valuable.. You can make. more. money somewhere else :)..

Skylar

KF Master
Avoid reward cards 😂
Get Cash back cards, these reward redemption charges are worst.

Skylar

KF Master
SBI Cashback card (Not having, trust issues with SBI 😂)

These are my FAV

Axis ACE
Myntra Kotak
One Card (No points redemption fee and every 500 points can be converted to 50/- and 1k point to 100/- and get those settled on statement)