Education Loan

Dhrutabrata

KF Rookie
In many cases, having a credit score can be a factor in the approval process for an education loan. However, not all education loans require a credit score, especially if they are federal student loans

If you're considering private student loans or alternative financing options, some lenders may require a credit check and consider your credit history as part of the application process.

If you're concerned about your lack of credit history, consider exploring federal student loan options first, as they generally have more lenient eligibility requirements. Additionally, you may want to explore opportunities to build your credit history over time, such as by opening a secured credit card or becoming an authorized user on someone else's credit card account.

Tnmy0302

KF Rookie
Thanks a lot for the help! I will keep it in mind.
In many cases, having a credit score can be a factor in the approval process for an education loan. However, not all education loans require a credit score, especially if they are federal student loans

If you're considering private student loans or alternative financing options, some lenders may require a credit check and consider your credit history as part of the application process.

If you're concerned about your lack of credit history, consider exploring federal student loan options first, as they generally have more lenient eligibility requirements. Additionally, you may want to explore opportunities to build your credit history over time, such as by opening a secured credit card or becoming an authorized user on someone else's credit card account.

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member

I'm sorry for my lack of understanding, but are these 'Federal Student Loans' available in India? From what I knew this was only available in the U.S

zacobite

KF Mentor
Do I need a credit score to apply for an education loan? I, at present, do not have a credit history
No.. Education loan is used given basis marks, college ranking and parental standing.. they may do credit chk for parents.. Or ask for collateral.. Student's are not expected to have credit history.. how will they have?

Tnmy0302

KF Rookie
No.. Education loan is used given basis marks, college ranking and parental standing.. they may do credit chk for parents.. Or ask for collateral.. Student's are not expected to have credit history.. how will they have?
oh yes that makes sense. Thanks for the help