EMI Order cancellation but with a twist!!!

tusharghai40

KF Rookie
Hi Guys

I got a fascinating case today that I would like to share and get any feedback if possible.

I ordered a Green Soul Gaming Chair for 13,497.06 (excluding 600 Amazon Pay Balance Cashback - Very Important to Note) on a 9-month No Cost EMI. Then after 14-15 hours, the same chair was available at 10,976.12 (inclusive of all offers) so I cancelled the initial order and placed another at a lower price.

Then Amazon refunded me 13,497.06 - 600 = 12,897.06 (Stating 600.00 has been deducted from your refund against the Amazon Pay cashback received for this item).

Now I am stuck with the question of how will SBI adjust this transaction - Will I be charged a processing fee and Foreclosure charges??

The period between Initial order placement and cancellation was around 36 hours. It will be a day or two that I will get to know the answer but would love to hear from you all.

TaxWiser

KF Mentor
Hi Guys

I got a fascinating case today that I would like to share and get any feedback if possible.

I ordered a Green Soul Gaming Chair for 13,497.06 (excluding 600 Amazon Pay Balance Cashback - Very Important to Note) on a 9-month No Cost EMI. Then after 14-15 hours, the same chair was available at 10,976.12 (inclusive of all offers) so I cancelled the initial order and placed another at a lower price.

Then Amazon refunded me 13,497.06 - 600 = 12,897.06 (Stating 600.00 has been deducted from your refund against the Amazon Pay cashback received for this item).

Now I am stuck with the question of how will SBI adjust this transaction - Will I be charged a processing fee and Foreclosure charges??

The period between Initial order placement and cancellation was around 36 hours. It will be a day or two that I will get to know the answer but would love to hear from you all.
I faced a similar situation with my HDFC CC and upon cancelation of 1st order, the total amount deducted from HDFC CC including Processing fees+GST, Order value got refunded back in 24hrs after I raised the issue via Customer Care. Also their's was no foreclosure charges were imposed.✌️

Zaid_Abbas

KF Rookie
Hi Guys

hahaha
same problem with me it happend in 2020 or 2021 month of january i ordered a samsung mobile on flipkart and then calcelled with the same situation.
before i paid month of december credit card bill twice so my card is over outstanding balance on bank not on my dues.
i cancelled my order and place another order from other site and sit back relax.
when my next month credit card bill generate adjusted from my o/s balance on credit card i dont need to pay same with next 2 next month but when i received third month creit card bill my dues is showing sum or rs.- 3600/- something on which month i didnt use my card for any transaction. i was shocked when i call to bank they said flipkart orde processed and we are getting EMIs from last 2 months contact flipkart when i called flipkart they said we have initiate refund contact bank for refund on that day i called both customer support aprox 4-5 hours on different different calls but till now i didnt get any my refund as well my samsung phone.

tusharghai40

KF Rookie
hahaha
same problem with me it happend in 2020 or 2021 month of january i ordered a samsung mobile on flipkart and then calcelled with the same situation.
before i paid month of december credit card bill twice so my card is over outstanding balance on bank not on my dues.
i cancelled my order and place another order from other site and sit back relax.
when my next month credit card bill generate adjusted from my o/s balance on credit card i dont need to pay same with next 2 next month but when i received third month creit card bill my dues is showing sum or rs.- 3600/- something on which month i didnt use my card for any transaction. i was shocked when i call to bank they said flipkart orde processed and we are getting EMIs from last 2 months contact flipkart when i called flipkart they said we have initiate refund contact bank for refund on that day i called both customer support aprox 4-5 hours on different different calls but till now i didnt get any my refund as well my samsung phone.
Did you raise a complaint with the RBI Ombudsman - I think that will help.