Flat buying new / resale in my case

Sohil Doshi

KF Rookie
Hi everyone,

I'm bit confused in whether I should buy new flat or resale flat in pune, in my case my father has sold commercial property at our native place so we have to invest that money to save tax but that amount is 1/3 of the budget of flat that I'm looking of, rest I have to take a home loan. My age is 28 so next year I will have standing expenses for marriage and other thing. So question I shall I buy under construction property where loan full emi will start after 2 years or shall I buy resale property for which I have to take loan from now onwards itself.

If I'm buying under construction property that at time of possession I have to spent around 2/3 lac for maintenance & furniture interior whereas in resale there is not as such spending to be done still the over all cost of flat is quite same.

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
There is no straight answer for this. It'll completely depend on your preferences and risk taking ability.

Real question is are you thinking of buying a flat for self consumption or for investment purpose? If it's for self consumption then you should go with what you heart says, if it's for investment purpose then it'll make sense to do all these calculations

zacobite

KF Mentor
Hi everyone,

I'm bit confused in whether I should buy new flat or resale flat in pune, in my case my father has sold commercial property at our native place so we have to invest that money to save tax but that amount is 1/3 of the budget of flat that I'm looking of, rest I have to take a home loan. My age is 28 so next year I will have standing expenses for marriage and other thing. So question I shall I buy under construction property where loan full emi will start after 2 years or shall I buy resale property for which I have to take loan from now onwards itself.

If I'm buying under construction property that at time of possession I have to spent around 2/3 lac for maintenance & furniture interior whereas in resale there is not as such spending to be done still the over all cost of flat is quite same.
For investment then but under construction from a reputable builder only. For self stay buy ready possession.. Resale is also good if building age is between upto 7-8 yrs.. after that you should buy only if. completely convinced about a property..Giving general advice as no specific details mentioned!