Form 16 is incorrect

I worked in a company just for 10 days in the last financial year. They have not paid me anything for that and it was ok, the HR straightaway refused the for any salary. But now when I checked my Form16 it shows that they have paid me 30K. I checked all my bank statements, I have not received this payment. WHAT SHOULD I DO...?

Attachments

• 5625_form_16_b_2023_14288907806671358c208f59.49647602.pdf
    59.1 KB · Views: 3

zacobite

KF Mentor
I worked in a company just for 10 days in the last financial year. They have not paid me anything for that and it was ok, the HR straightaway refused the for any salary. But now when I checked my Form16 it shows that they have paid me 30K. I checked all my bank statements, I have not received this payment. WHAT SHOULD I DO...?
Speak to them and ask for clarification..and a revised form 16

TaxWiser

KF Mentor
What You Can Do:
  • Verify Details: Double-check the dates and amounts in your Bank Statements, Form 16 and AIS.
  • Contact Employer: Reach out to your employer to confirm the payment dates, amount and ensure they are correctly reported.
  • File a Rectification: If there's an error, you can file a rectification request with the Income Tax Department to correct the details.
Pro Tip: If your employer or Rectification request taking too long to process your request, just File ITR as per current Form16, AIS, TIS and then File Revised ITR return once your request have been successfully processed b'coz Last date of ITR filing is 31st July i.e. less than 5 days. Feel free to make corrections or amendments within the specified time frame! 😊📝

Hope this Helps! 🤗

(Source: ClearTax & Tax2win websites, Personal Experience of ITR filing)

Last edited: