Fuel Surcharge Waiver Doubt

kalpit15

KF Rookie
I have always been unsure about the fuel surcharge reversal and cashback. I have an ICICI coral HPCL card (1% waiver and 2.5% CB) and I used it for fuel expense a long time ago but only got like 1% waiver which was actually lower than the cost. i.e. petrol cost = 500, Charged = ~510 and waiver = 5.

Later on when I called the customer care, they said I am not eligible for cashback because the offer is applicable only on HP petrol pumps who have ICICI POS machines so everytime I do a payment I have to confirm with them and then only do the transaction. Which seemed like too much effort for a very small cashback after considering the additional waiver cost.

Couple of days ago I got this email which takes my effort of asking for the POS machine and made me think of using it. However, not sure what exactly is the benefit of using it if the waiver cost does not completely refunded back. If anybody who used this card or is using any other fuel card can help me understand this, it would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• ICICI HPCL Update.jpeg
    ICICI HPCL Update.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 12

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
The reason why they insist on ICICI POS Machine is because in case of any other POS Machine, they will have to pay extra charge (MDR) for every card swipe.