Getting Credit Card without hard CIBIL Enquiry

Karunakara

KF Mentor
Dear friends,
May I know if you have got any credit card without the banking hitting Hard enquiry into your CIBIL report?

If yes how you processed the application?

Application on card to card basis doesn't require Hard enquiry

The only card I have got without Hard enquiry recently is One Card as pre-appoved offer.

17ysaurabh

KF Mentor
Even for the pre-approved offers, I see a hard inquiry in my CIBIL report.
I got SBI Cashback CC and Airtel Axis CC as pre-approved cards but both triggered the hard inquiry.

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
Dear friends,
May I know if you have got any credit card without the banking hitting Hard enquiry into your CIBIL report?

The only card I have got without Hard enquiry recently is One Card as pre-appoved offer.
Please understand that Hard Enquiry happens when Credit Card Company (Bank) need to assess your risk profile. They would want to assess your risk profile when they're taking some sort of risk on you (read unsecured credit line).

So if you're availing any sort of credit line (Unsecured credit card, loan, overdraft, etc) - they will 100% do a hard enquiry because they are taking a risk by offering unsecured credit line. But if you're availing a secured credit line (FD credit card) - they're ok to give credit card without hard enquiry because there's no risk.

Vishalvk

KF Rookie
Dear friends,

There is Options Available For you Can apply on HDFC Shopper's Stop

zacobite

KF Mentor
Please understand that Hard Enquiry happens when Credit Card Company (Bank) need to assess your risk profile. They would want to assess your risk profile when they're taking some sort of risk on you (read unsecured credit line).

So if you're availing any sort of credit line (Unsecured credit card, loan, overdraft, etc) - they will 100% do a hard enquiry because they are taking a risk by offering unsecured credit line. But if you're availing a secured credit line (FD credit card) - they're ok to give credit card without hard enquiry because there's no risk.
yeah.. more and more want cc with no cibil no vrfn no docs.. strange trend

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
If you already have a Credit card with Kotak, then on your second card no CIBIL Hit.
Kotak will only do enquiry on Experia.
Strange...Are your sure about this? Because from what I know all the credit rating agencies pick this data from the Banks. So if Bank is reporting data to 1 rating agency (Experian), it must surely be reporting to other agencies as well

P.S - I don't have 2 Credit Cards from Kotak, but I've worked with the Bank for 4+ Years

Skylar

KF Master
Strange...Are your sure about this? Because from what I know all the credit rating agencies pick this data from the Banks. So if Bank is reporting data to 1 rating agency (Experian), it must surely be reporting to other agencies as well

P.S - I don't have 2 Credit Cards from Kotak, but I've worked with the Bank for 4+ Years
Yup, I have CIBIL Subscription. I refresh my report every day.
I'm having Kotak Urbane gold card for the last 5 years and recently applied for a Myntra Kotak card. and there is no cibil hit only Experia.
Same with my friend who are having cards with kotak

Cibil
1711606628916.png

Experian
1711606714198.png

17ysaurabh

KF Mentor
Hey. How did you get SBI Cashback Card pre-approved?
It was there on the CIBIL site - marketplace. It used to show me pre-approved SBI Cashback CC.
They don't have the marketplace anymore.

And I got pre-approved Airtel Axis CC on the Airtel thanks app. I used to recharge my Airtel phone numbers using that app.

Robin77

KF Rookie
Obtaining a credit card without a hard CIBIL inquiry can be challenging, as many issuers use this process to assess creditworthiness. However, some options are available, such as secured credit cards or cards offered by fintech companies that might use alternative data for evaluation. Always review the terms and conditions carefully to ensure the card suits your needs and does not affect your credit score adversely.