GoDigit isn't issuing the refund for failed policy renewal

jhamajham

KF Rookie
To give you a background I have been using goDigit insurance for my car for almost 3-4 years now. There are 4 other vehicles insured with them.

Now coming to the matter, my car insurance was getting expired on 1st November and I have started getting calls from their sales guys to renew the policy 2-3 weeks prior to that. Now I am not sure what is their internal process but somehow it doesn't invoke confidence in that nor even in their app experience, but I kept ignoring it for the better premium prices that I was getting from them.

To give you a brief an agent calls you, they generate a quote and share that over email with a payment link, and if you pay from that payment link, then they generate & share policy over email and eventually it will start appearing on app in some arbitrary time. Till that time app doesn't reflect that transaction at all, it doesn't appear in the upcoming policy, it only start appearing when existing policy expires till that point you are just hoping that everything should work.

I have been doing this for a couple of years, but this year getting frustrated with the follow-up, I decided to renew my policy directly from the app skipping the whole quote generation process. And it turns out to be my biggest source of frustration this Diwali. It seems the renewal payment that I made on 20th Oct, they can't track it and when I reminded them using the transaction id and after multiple follow-ups they decided not to issue the policy on 2nd November (a day after my policy expiry) probably because I got stuck in some loophole of their process that they can't figure out and it was a lot of pain for them.

So on 2nd November, they said, they had denied me the policy and would be issuing a refund, but today is 20th November, and even after multiple follows by me over email and phone. I haven't received my refund. What I got from the support executive is that they have dropped a mail to their concerned refund department and that's it, no updates on the previous follow, just a new mail initiated to the concerned department.

Not sure how do I handle this, What do you guys think ?

Last edited:

jhamajham

KF Rookie
Try complaining to RBI about it. They might be able to do this now
Any links or pointers for the process?

Nevertheless, reluctantly I tweeted tagging them yesterday and till then I have received a call and email that the refund has been processed and I need to wait 9-11 days before it gets reflected in my account.

Any links or pointers for the process?

Nevertheless, reluctantly I tweeted tagging them yesterday and till then I have received a call and email that the refund has been processed and I need to wait 9-11 days before it gets reflected in my account.
tweeting always works , great

jhamajham

KF Rookie
tweeting always works , great
And that's the problem, Companies don't have proper processes in place. Eventually, the customer has to escalate on Social which although solves the problem but it tells their misplaced priority which is companies are more interested in their image on SM rather than providing a good customer experience... It seems that they are compelled to solve basic customer grievances only via escalation rather than out of general ethics and given rights of customer. And eventually customer profiles on SM look like a crybaby feed announcing the services that they are using to whole world. Some folks takes on the fight on SM and others give up and thats what companies are counting one. Also imagine the same while ordering from adult eshop website, I am sure no one would taking a fight on SM with those.

One retrospective thought.
You pay the renewal with good faith and intent. Payment is completed and you doing the digit dance. You trust the company.
Digit fails to have this reflected on the record. You take out your vehicle and boom! You are an offender for driving an uninsured vehicle and it's not even your fault! Your name will into record.... not even your fault.

pooja19

KF Rookie
I'm sorry to hear about your frustrating experience with GoDigit insurance. It seems like a breakdown in their renewal and refund process has caused you a lot of inconvenience and stress. It's understandable that you're seeking resolution and clarity regarding your refund.

Given the situation you've described, it might be beneficial to escalate your concerns further with GoDigit's customer service department. You could request to speak with a supervisor or manager to ensure that your issue receives proper attention and resolution. Additionally, documenting all communication and transaction details can help provide clarity and evidence if needed to pursue further action, such as through consumer protection agencies or regulatory bodies if necessary.

It's unfortunate when companies fail to uphold their commitments and provide satisfactory customer service. I hope you're able to resolve this matter swiftly and receive the refund owed to
To give you a background I have been using goDigit insurance for my car for almost 3-4 years now. There are 4 other vehicles insured with them.

Now coming to the matter, my car insurance was getting expired on 1st November and I have started getting calls from their sales guys to renew the policy 2-3 weeks prior to that. Now I am not sure what is their internal process but somehow it doesn't invoke confidence in that nor even in their app experience, but I kept ignoring it for the better premium prices that I was getting from them.

To give you a brief an agent calls you, they generate a quote and share that over email with a payment link, and if you pay from that payment link, then they generate & share policy over email and eventually it will start appearing on app in some arbitrary time. Till that time app doesn't reflect that transaction at all, it doesn't appear in the upcoming policy, it only start appearing when existing policy expires till that point you are just hoping that everything should work.

I have been doing this for a couple of years, but this year getting frustrated with the follow-up, I decided to renew my policy directly from the app skipping the whole quote generation process. And it turns out to be my biggest source of frustration this Diwali. It seems the renewal payment that I made on 20th Oct, they can't track it and when I reminded them using the transaction id and after multiple follow-ups they decided not to issue the policy on 2nd November (a day after my policy expiry) probably because I got stuck in some loophole of their process that they can't figure out and it was a lot of pain for them.

So on 2nd November, they said, they had denied me the policy and would be issuing a refund, but today is 20th November, and even after multiple follows by me over email and phone. I haven't received my refund. What I got from the support executive is that they have dropped a mail to their concerned refund department and that's it, no updates on the previous follow, just a new mail initiated to the concerned department.

Not sure how do I handle this, What do you guys thin
you.

zacobite

KF Mentor
Try complaining to RBI about it. They might be able to do this now
Not RBI - You need to go to IRDA.. However raise a complaint with your bank and ask them to put a tracw on it and give you a documentary evidence of payment being done.. they do that.. use that to fight your case.. Our banking system maybe slow but money doesn't go missing.. it gets credited or comes back..

Prabin

KF Rookie
I joined this community today only. I hope the issue has been resolved as it's an old post. If not then kindly let me know. I would be more than happy to help you ☺️