GROWW vs ZERODHA vs UPSTOX vs ANGEL ONE

APPSGrowwZerodhaUpstoxAngel One
opening cost020000
Annual Maintance charges03000240
Demat Facilityyesyesyesyes
SIP Durationmonthlyweekly/monthlymonthlymonthly
App rating on playstore4.54.34.44.1
no of downloads10M+1M+ (coin)5M+10M+

best Apps to invest in Mutual funds in India ( comparison table)

If you want to invest through other apps that are not mentioned in my table, you should consider the following before investing:

1. Charges: What types of charges does the platform charge users?
  2. User interface: How good is the user interface and how easy is it to navigate and invest?
  3. Credibility: How many people use the app and is it regulated?
  4. Features: What features does the app offer that can help you make better investment decisions?

I wish to have 2 accounts for the sake of keeping investments in one account for regular short term trades and having one account for long term investments.
So wanted to know if there is a possibility to have 2 accounts with same PAN in groww.

Manoj Kohli

KF Expert
I wish to have 2 accounts for the sake of keeping investments in one account for regular short term trades and having one account for long term investments.
So wanted to know if there is a possibility to have 2 accounts with same PAN in groww.
Same query. Can someone please share their personal experience here?

whatever you do , at the end , everything will be showcased against you pan , but what you can do is open two different accounts in two different apps ,like trading demat account in zerodha and an account to invest in mutual funds and all in groww or any other app that you preffer

Yes, groww is the best in my opinion too. With respect to above table I think there is a monthly charge to Rs. 25 + GST. I have account on Upstox, the balance in that is going negative year on year as I don't use it much. That amount will be adjusted when I sell my investments on that. I need to sell it from there is shift on groww rather than paying those charges unnecessarily. Additionally you cant have two accounts on groww because its linked with your PAN. You can definitely use two different platforms for segregation of long and short term investments. I personally use only groww for that purpose and maintain an additional excel sheet for my reference and that segregation.

amitsaini

KF Ace
Two rules for Smart people
1. don't keep mutual fund demat account as it involves extra charges.
2. Never buy regular plan of mutual fund. Always go for direct plan.

So based on rule 1 UPSTOX , zerodha, etc are not good option as they keep MF unit in demat.
Groww is better, there are other good option as well for buying direct mutual fund e.g kuvera, indmoney, etmoney ...

Abhiuday

KF Rookie
I have been investing in MF using groww and trust me its one of the best platforms out there. You have a seamless neat UI and a very ease in invest options.

nikhilchauhan

Administrator
Staff member
You should also consider what features are offered by different platform. This might help you a lot in deciding the best share market app for you

1698924358104.png

Manoj Kohli

KF Expert
Two rules for Smart people
1. don't keep mutual fund demat account as it involves extra charges.
2. Never buy regular plan of mutual fund. Always go for direct plan.

So based on rule 1 UPSTOX , zerodha, etc are not good option as they keep MF unit in demat.
Groww is better, there are other good option as well for buying direct mutual fund e.g kuvera, indmoney, etmoney ...
Oh, wasn't aware of this difference. If not Demat Account, how does Groww store our MF Units?