GST officials keep coming for ransom

tarik

KF Rookie
Our family runs a clothing store, and my brother is the sole proprietor. We've got all the needed GST paperwork sorted, and we're keeping up with filing our GST on time.

Out of the blue, these GST folks showed up, threatening to cause trouble and give us notices. Worried about our business, my brother asked our CA for advice, and he suggested paying them off to make them go away.

Now, for the past six months, these officials keep coming back every month, demanding money. It's a major headache, even though we're regularly paying our GST. I'm starting to wonder if our CA is in on it for some extra cash. Any advice on how to deal with this mess?

Our family runs a clothing store, and my brother is the sole proprietor. We've got all the needed GST paperwork sorted, and we're keeping up with filing our GST on time.

Out of the blue, these GST folks showed up, threatening to cause trouble and give us notices. Worried about our business, my brother asked our CA for advice, and he suggested paying them off to make them go away.

Now, for the past six months, these officials keep coming back every month, demanding money. It's a major headache, even though we're regularly paying our GST. I'm starting to wonder if our CA is in on it for some extra cash. Any advice on how to deal with this mess?
I feel that you should contact a second CA and also check the background of the people who are coming to you and demanding money , they might be fraud too and when you have all the correct documents , dont pay a single penny and you can file an fir also,if matters are going out of hand

Tax with Ria

KF Expert

Hello, being a CA final student, I've already worked with GST and GST department in UP, Kanpur. First of all no Assessing officer or other officers of GST enter your business premise without any prior notice. You must look to the notice served on your GST portal under service>>my notice tab. If you see any SCN then reply the same online or through any authorised representative (another CA). Also whenever you make payment to them ask them the copy of demand notice and pay through challan and cash ledger, and go and visit the sales tax office in your city with another credible CA as your authorised representative.

Tax with Ria

KF Expert

Also the penalty demanded can not be paid in cash under GST ACT, 2017. YOU'LL HAVE TO PAY BY CHALLAN & FROM CASH LEDGER OF YOUR GST PORTAL. NO GST OR INCOME TAX act ask you to pay the penalty or fee or late fee by cash... it's strictly prohibited.