HDFC Home Loan

Hi,
Presently i am having an existing home loan in HDFC bank. I feel i am stuck with it. The loan amount left is not much (less than INR 10,00,000/- ). But the issue that i am facing is that it wont let me make additional payment towards the principal unline SBI where when ever i feel like making some additional payment i log in and make some payment left with me by the end of the month. For HDFC if i have to make an additional payment i have to contact the coustomer care over email or need to visit the branch which rarely happens. Any one of you also facing the same issues. can anyone guid me what you have done to make pripayment against the loan in a much easy and simpler way. please share your experience. I have tried uinpay or CRED but non of them have platform to pay such additional payments towards the principal of the home loan. Please suggest.

zacobite

KF Mentor
Hi,
Presently i am having an existing home loan in HDFC bank. I feel i am stuck with it. The loan amount left is not much (less than INR 10,00,000/- ). But the issue that i am facing is that it wont let me make additional payment towards the principal unline SBI where when ever i feel like making some additional payment i log in and make some payment left with me by the end of the month. For HDFC if i have to make an additional payment i have to contact the coustomer care over email or need to visit the branch which rarely happens. Any one of you also facing the same issues. can anyone guid me what you have done to make pripayment against the loan in a much easy and simpler way. please share your experience. I have tried uinpay or CRED but non of them have platform to pay such additional payments towards the principal of the home loan. Please suggest.
why won't they let u pay? Thats not normal... RBI doesn't allow such restrictions.. but yes.. u can't pay online hdfc if u don't have hdfc account.. go to bank if required.. still worth it.. no other option other than opening hdfc bank account.. that shd allow..

why won't they let u pay? Thats not normal... RBI doesn't allow such restrictions.. but yes.. u can't pay online hdfc if u don't have hdfc account.. go to bank if required.. still worth it.. no other option other than opening hdfc bank account.. that shd allow..
I have HDFC account, but still they dont have that option of making online payment. It is either through personal visit where you are allowed to drop a cheque or it is over email where you have to request for a link through which you can make a payment.

sameer_ks

KF Ace
There is no need to visit HDFC, rather write an email to customer care with your loan details and amount that you would like to repay, they may ask you share the bank statement just to check source of income and usually they send time bound payment link to make payment online,

There is no need to visit HDFC, rather write an email to customer care with your loan details and amount that you would like to repay, they may ask you share the bank statement just to check source of income and usually they send time bound payment link to make payment online,
Yes i am aware of that. My issues are that if i send an email today, i will not get the link for payment via email today. The email option is not available beyond 15th of every month. Additionally i have to inform them about the amount. Where in other banks if i want to pay online by accessing my account i can log in any time and i can make the payment. If by the end of the month if i am left with any surplus money say even INR 1000 i can still make it against the principle. But with HDFC that is not possible. HDFC plays great way in this ensuring that customer pays and HDFC wins.

zacobite

KF Mentor
Yes i am aware of that. My issues are that if i send an email today, i will not get the link for payment via email today. The email option is not available beyond 15th of every month. Additionally i have to inform them about the amount. Where in other banks if i want to pay online by accessing my account i can log in any time and i can make the payment. If by the end of the month if i am left with any surplus money say even INR 1000 i can still make it against the principle. But with HDFC that is not possible. HDFC plays great way in this ensuring that customer pays and HDFC wins.
v surprised with hdfc... wht a crappy process