HDFC Moneyback+ LTF to Millennia LTF Pre-approved offer after closing.

shivtej

KF Rookie
Hello Bekifaayati community,
I need some suggestion if anyone has tried this.
I have recently started doing job(10 months ago) and had opened my salary account in HDFC bank and I maintain at least 35k in my account. After few months I started to get Moneyback+ offered as LTF. For first few months I waited as I was interested in getting Millennia as LTF. But 2 months ago I got Moneyback+ LTF(50k limit) as I was not sure whether I could get any other bank cards because my credit score was not generated as I do not have any loans or emis on my name. And after asking some of my friends working in my company(same salary as well), some of them were offered this Moneyback+ LTF and others have Millennia LTF. Who were offered Millennia did not even maintain even half the balance I did.

And have also read that HDFC is notorious about this Moneyback+ and people are getting stuck on it for many years with no upgrade option.

So I wanted to know if I close my Moneyback+, will I started getting pre-approved offers from HDFC again and if yes after how much time and is it recommended to close this one as I have got it LTF. I have Axis Neo and ICICI platinum and coral Rupay all LTF.

Any help and thoughts would be appreciated.

Skylar

KF Master
Hello Bekifaayati community,
I need some suggestion if anyone has tried this.
I have recently started doing job(10 months ago) and had opened my salary account in HDFC bank and I maintain at least 35k in my account. After few months I started to get Moneyback+ offered as LTF. For first few months I waited as I was interested in getting Millennia as LTF. But 2 months ago I got Moneyback+ LTF(50k limit) as I was not sure whether I could get any other bank cards because my credit score was not generated as I do not have any loans or emis on my name. And after asking some of my friends working in my company(same salary as well), some of them were offered this Moneyback+ LTF and others have Millennia LTF. Who were offered Millennia did not even maintain even half the balance I did.

And have also read that HDFC is notorious about this Moneyback+ and people are getting stuck on it for many years with no upgrade option.

So I wanted to know if I close my Moneyback+, will I started getting pre-approved offers from HDFC again and if yes after how much time and is it recommended to close this one as I have got it LTF. I have Axis Neo and ICICI platinum and coral Rupay all LTF.

Any help and thoughts would be appreciated.
If you decide to close your card, there will be a cooling-down period of 3 to 6 months after that you may receive preapproved loan offers rather than credit card offers. HDFC Bank does not aggressively promote its cards. I recommend checking if you qualify for the HDFC Swiggy Card LTF in swiggy, which is quite similar to the HDFC Millennia Card.

While the MoneyBack+ Trap is a real concern, it doesn’t apply universally; some fortunate individuals manage to get out of it. My suggestion is to retain the card rather than close it.

Additionally, you currently hold the top four bank credit cards, with only SBI missing. I recommend sticking to these four cards, consistently using them, and aiming for upgrades to premium cards within these banks rather than pursuing cards from other banks.

shivtej

KF Rookie
If you decide to close your card, there will be a cooling-down period of 3 to 6 months after that you may receive preapproved loan offers rather than credit card offers. HDFC Bank does not aggressively promote its cards. I recommend checking if you qualify for the HDFC Swiggy Card LTF in swiggy, which is quite similar to the HDFC Millennia Card.

While the MoneyBack+ Trap is a real concern, it doesn’t apply universally; some fortunate individuals manage to get out of it. My suggestion is to retain the card rather than close it.

Additionally, you currently hold the top four bank credit cards, with only SBI missing. I recommend sticking to these four cards, consistently using them, and aiming for upgrades to premium cards within these banks rather than pursuing cards from other banks.
I don't plan to close it immediately... I'll use it for few months and wait for upgrade offers and I'm also fine with cool-down period as I will be applying for ICICI Apay card before closing my Moneyback+. About Swiggy card, I didn't have Swiggy account but created it specifically to get LTF offer and as cashback will be in statement credit, but no luck I don't have the LTF offer.

Yes I'm only looking at LTF cards as I don't spend much so will most probably not meet the fee waiver criteria, expect the Axis Airtel which I'll get as the returns are way higher than the fee.

Skylar

KF Master
I don't plan to close it immediately... I'll use it for few months and wait for upgrade offers and I'm also fine with cool-down period as I will be applying for ICICI Apay card before closing my Moneyback+. About Swiggy card, I didn't have Swiggy account but created it specifically to get LTF offer and as cashback will be in statement credit, but no luck I don't have the LTF offer.

Yes I'm only looking at LTF cards as I don't spend much so will most probably not meet the fee waiver criteria, expect the Axis Airtel which I'll get as the returns are way higher than the fee.
Yes, Airtel is good. If you’re already considering Airtel, why would you need Amazon Pay as well? Amazon Pay offers the same 1% reward rate.

Regarding the 5% cashback on Amazon, it’s tied to the Amazon Prime membership. Without the Prime membership, you’ll receive only 3% cashback. If the shopping edition (499/-) is not offered on your account, you’d need to pay 1499/- for it to get 5% cashback.

However, an alternative option is to consider the Amazonpay ICICI Bank credit card. With this card, you can get 5% cashback on Amazon, Myntra, and Flipkart. It’s a good choice if you frequently shop on these platforms.

Last edited:

shivtej

KF Rookie
Sure. Will keep that in mind.

And about ICICI Paytm, I think it's discontinued

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-06-27-12-02-10-222_com.brave.browser.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-06-27-12-02-10-222_com.brave.browser.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 4