HDFC Pre-Approved CC

Sam Maxi

KF Expert
How Long Did it Take You Guys to Receive Pre-Approved CC Offer from HDFC, i Mean How Old Was your HDFC Account when you Received the Offer?
Also was it your 1st Unsecured CC?

Last edited:

ShahilD

KF Expert
I had been regularly using my HDFC savings account for the past 2 years. I had no interest or knowledge about credit cards at the time. But a couple of weeks ago, I decided to improve my financial literacy since l'm not a commerce student. That's when I learned about the whole ecosystem. Before I could even apply, I noticed that HDFC had been offering me a pre-approved Moneyback Plus card for the past 6 months, and I had no clue about it 🥲 I used to ignore the messages, assuming they were promotional or spam. So, I applied for it right away and boosted my CIBIL score. Now, I have 2 unsecured and 1 secured credit products 😊

Sam Maxi

KF Expert
I had been regularly using my HDFC savings account for the past 2 years. I had no interest or knowledge about credit cards at the time. But a couple of weeks ago, I decided to improve my financial literacy since l'm not a commerce student. That's when I learned about the whole ecosystem. Before I could even apply, I noticed that HDFC had been offering me a pre-approved Moneyback Plus card for the past 6 months, and I had no clue about it 🥲 I used to ignore the messages, assuming they were promotional or spam. So, I applied for it right away and boosted my CIBIL score. Now, I have 2 unsecured and 1 secured credit products 😊
Great! Can you Share SS of the Pre-Approved E-Mail you First Received? I'm Waiting on Mine. Also How much Were you Maintaining Average in your Account(If you don't Mind Sharing Ofc :))? And What was your Offered Limit for Moneyback?

ShahilD

KF Expert
Great! Can you Share SS of the Pre-Approved E-Mail you First Received? I'm Waiting on Mine. Also How much Were you Maintaining Average in your Account(If you don't Mind Sharing Ofc :))? And What was your Offered Limit for Moneyback?
I wanna let you know that I'm a student so I don't do any hefty amount of transactions. I just maintain the MAB. But sometimes I make some large transactions through my debit cards like ordering a phone for my friend or booking flights for family members. And yeah I regularly make transactions with this account.

Sam Maxi

KF Expert
I wanna let you know that I'm a student so I don't do any hefty amount of transactions. I just maintain the MAB. But sometimes I make some large transactions through my debit cards like ordering a phone for my friend or booking flights for family members. And yeah I regularly make transactions with this account.
Oh Thanks for Sharing, I'm not A Student but not Much Difference Between Us haha, tho i Opted for a DigiSave Account(5k amb) i maintain 15-20k

Sam Maxi

KF Expert
Also looks like Mods Don't Want Us to Share that SS, its okay i have Seen Some Yt Videos about it and I'm pretty sure i won't miss the Offer :)

Sam Maxi

KF Expert
Oh okay ,, so you didn't get the screenshot of the pre-approved offer that I shared ???
i opened the Notification about the SS and Saw a Ss but before i could open it, it was deleted. But its all good, No worries :) must be against Guidelines. Btw What was your Limit for MB+ and can you share about the 2nd Card?

ShahilD

KF Expert
i opened the Notification about the SS and Saw a Ss but before i could open it, it was deleted. But its all good, No worries :) must be against Guidelines. Btw What was your Limit for MB+ and can you share about the 2nd Card?
Yes sure,
The MB plus has 20k limit. Ik it's way too less but it's just the beginning of my credit journey & I'm pretty happy to get the core card so its more than enough for me.
And coming back to the idfc one,I was planning to open an FD of 20k anyway, so why not get a secured card with it? So I took the first wow.

ShahilD

KF Expert

Attachments

• IMG_5253.jpeg
    IMG_5253.jpeg
    914.9 KB · Views: 12

Sam Maxi

KF Expert
Yes sure,
The MB plus has 20k limit. Ik it's way too less but it's just the beginning of my credit journey & I'm pretty happy to get the core card so its more than enough for me.
And coming back to the idfc one,I was planning to open an FD of 20k anyway, so why not get a secured card with it? So I took the first wow.
Not At All Bro, 20k for a 1st Card is Pretty Good, I'm also Guessing my First card will have a limit of 10-15k. Btw you have Pixel Pre-Approved too?

ShahilD

KF Expert
In case you're wondering, I got the Mastercard version at first then I requested the customer service to get me the RuPay variant for my UPI transactions. They approved it without any questions asked

BeHappy

KF Ace
I opened my account in September last year and got a money-back plus paid in November,
I closed my MB+ card in April just because of Low Credit limit (50K My all other cards are more the 1lakh limit )and paid card . My MAB was 10K when I opened my account but in June 2024 I upgraded my account to Saving Max account.
Have FD of 180K
MAB marinating more then 30K
Needed Only LTF cards & waiting for Millennia LTF offer
Someone Suggest me I got a message and Email of Freedom as LTF ( Freedom card is LTF for everyone till 31 now) , should I wait for Millennia or any other offer or apply for freedom and get it and wait for upgrade.
Note. Not havey user of card because having 4 cards of different banks.