HDFC Preferred Banking

hitirfan

KF Mentor
How much balance is to be kept in HDFC Normal Savings Account, so that it can converted into Preferred Banking?

Agreeing to anyone of the below should make you eligible for Preferred Banking:
  1. A minimum Average Monthly Balance of Rs. 2 Lakhs in the Savings account
  2. A minimum Average Quarterly Balance of Rs. 5 Lakhs in a Current Account
  3. A minimum Average Monthly Balance of Rs. 15 Lakhs in a combination of Savings Accounts, Current Accounts and Fixed Deposits
  4. For Salaried Customer, Monthly net salary credit of Rs. 1.5 lakhs & above in HDFC Bank Corp Salary Account#

Details pulled from HDFC Website

Also, if you have a blood relative who is already enrolled in the Preferred Banking program, he can refer your name to the banking program by calling his Virtual RM, and you should get that for free without much hustle.
I got 3 of my family accounts (father, brother, and wife) using the above method, and 2 of them are already done. 1 is still pending.

hitirfan

KF Mentor
Agreeing to anyone of the below should make you eligible for Preferred Banking:
  1. A minimum Average Monthly Balance of Rs. 2 Lakhs in the Savings account
  2. A minimum Average Quarterly Balance of Rs. 5 Lakhs in a Current Account
  3. A minimum Average Monthly Balance of Rs. 15 Lakhs in a combination of Savings Accounts, Current Accounts and Fixed Deposits
  4. For Salaried Customer, Monthly net salary credit of Rs. 1.5 lakhs & above in HDFC Bank Corp Salary Account#

Details pulled from HDFC Website

Also, if you have a blood relative who is already enrolled in the Preferred Banking program, he can refer your name to the banking program by calling his Virtual RM, and you should get that for free without much hustle.
I got 3 of my family accounts (father, brother, and wife) using the above method, and 2 of them are already done. 1 is still pending.
I have a friend in HDFC Bank. He said to keep 2 Lakhs in account for few days then he will make it Preferred Banking account. Will that work or I have to keep 2 Lakhs for a long time?

I have a friend in HDFC Bank. He said to keep 2 Lakhs in account for few days then he will make it Preferred Banking account. Will that work or I have to keep 2 Lakhs for a long time?
It depends on a case-by-case basis.
I highly doubt that but still its bettter to give it a shot.

Karunakara

KF Mentor
I am a Classic Banking Account holder. Preferred Banking offer showing in my account.

But thinking if it worth maintaining 2L of AMB for a saving account?

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
Just sharing my experience- I got imperia banking just by doing a few transactions of 3-4 lakhs per quarter, I don't maintain 10L+ in the acc nor do I have the FDs, but I do have my salary credited to the same account. It comes down to the bank honestly and they can override these T&Cs for potentially good customers for their products (cards, mutual funds, insurance, FD/RDs etc)

hitirfan

KF Mentor
Just sharing my experience- I got imperia banking just by doing a few transactions of 3-4 lakhs per quarter, I don't maintain 10L+ in the acc nor do I have the FDs, but I do have my salary credited to the same account. It comes down to the bank honestly and they can override these T&Cs for potentially good customers for their products (cards, mutual funds, insurance, FD/RDs etc)
Yeah. I have a friend in the bank. He said he will keep my account Preferred for 1 Lakh balance. Otherwise it says 2 Lakhs