Hdfc Regalia vs Millennia Credit Card

Abhinandan

KF Rookie
I have Hdfc Regalia credit card (lifetime free), getting offer from hdfc to upgrade my card to Millennia. As per them, I'll get better cashback in Millennia card but annual charge is ₹1180 which would be reversed if I spend over 1 lac in a year. Please suggest if I should upgrade my card or stay with Regalia?

it depends how much you get value back from regalia cc in a year , as regalia is Super Premium card (it is best for Travelers) but Millenia Credit card is Premium card it's not Upgrade it's Down grade ( if your spends is more on shopping online and offline ) Millenia is good card , i think if you spend 30k within 90 days it will be LTF

Skylar

KF Master
I have Hdfc Regalia credit card (lifetime free), getting offer from hdfc to upgrade my card to Millennia. As per them, I'll get better cashback in Millennia card but annual charge is ₹1180 which would be reversed if I spend over 1 lac in a year. Please suggest if I should upgrade my card or stay with Regalia?
It is rather peculiar that the Regalia card is being considered for an upgrade to what appears to be a downgraded card. However, if you happen to purchase Amazon Gift Vouchers through the Smart Buy platform, you can achieve a return of nearly 7%, which surpasses the benefits offered by the Millennia card.

You could always request them to make the upgrade as LTF as well since your existing card is LTF.
If you are happy with Regalia then you can ask them to upgrade it as LTF Regalia Gold which is better then regalia.

Skylar

KF Master
You could always request them to make the upgrade as LTF as well since your existing card is LTF.
If you are happy with Regalia then you can ask them to upgrade it as LTF Regalia Gold which is better then regalia.
HDFC Bank is currently trying to convert most of their free cards into paid cards by giving minimal upgrades. And like before, they are not readily accommodating requests to convert existing cards to lifetime free (LTF).

akashthakre

KF Rookie
I have millenia card and I always get offer to upgrade it to regalia. But when I talked to my relationship manager about rewards redemption value (₹ equivalent) and I found that u get less rewards value with regalia.

So I have decided to keep millenia bcs based on my expenses I'm able to redeem 2000 rewards points which is equivalent to 2000₹, in 3 to 4 months.

Can anybody correct me if my understanding is wrong ?