How to get first unsecured Credit Card?

yasharora337

KF Rookie
I am 21 year old student i am looking for credit card, to increase my cibil score, I am using IDFC WOW Rupay card, with 10K FD in that, now i requires an unsecured CC also, can anyone please help me how to proceed with my first unsecured CC.
Is there any bank which allows this? That too without spening account in that?
Moreover my only agenda is increase my cibil score, so that i can get loans and credit card in cheaper rate, can anyone please help me reagrding this, What Should be the do's and dont's for me????

Skylar

KF Master
I am 21 year old student i am looking for credit card, to increase my cibil score, I am using IDFC WOW Rupay card, with 10K FD in that, now i requires an unsecured CC also, can anyone please help me how to proceed with my first unsecured CC.
Moreover my only agenda is increase my cibil score, so that i can get loans and credit card in cheaper rate, can anyone please help me reagrding this, What Should be the do's and dont's for me????
How old is your secured card?

TaxWiser

KF Mentor
First start with Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card if it get approved then track your spends i.e. where can you utilize CC. Then according to the use case choose one that benefits you the most.

For eg: I use Amazon ICICI CC for Shopping, Recharge & bill(if >2500) & if utilities bill <2500 then friend's Airtel Axis CC. For Flipkart BBD & Amazon GIF - HDFC LTF CC, SBI SimplySAVE RuPay CC. For Business/QR Payments: SBI SimplySAVE RuPay, PNB Platinum Rupay, HDFC Biz First RuPay CCs.

It depends on how old your IDFC CC is
if it is at least 3-4 months old start applying for Axis Flipkart/Amazon pay ICICI u can easily get these cards
or try for HDFC cc if u have an HDFC account otherwise don't go for this method

My suggestion is to open an account in AXIS/HDFC/ICICI to get ur 1st unsecured card and to avoid verifications.

Teja-

KF Ace
Hey same with me i have been using IDFC first cc for last 5 months, my credit score by cibil is 774 , I have spent over 70k on IDFC cc, now which unsecured should I go for , i have axis saving account which I have opened on 18 th of this month .. I want to make sure the card I’m applying is going to approve , to avoid credit enquirers

wait for a pre-approved offer from the Axis Bank for the next 3-6 months use their dc and account regularly
Meanwhile, try to apply for Flipkart axis or amazon pay cc

SUNAINA

KF Ace
I'm 18 I have open HDFC account in Feb 2024 in july I received pre-approved credit card offer with 50K limit I was mentaining around 10k in account

Sam Maxi

KF Expert
I'm 18 I have open HDFC account in Feb 2024 in july I received pre-approved credit card offer with 50K limit I was mentaining around 10k in account
That's Great!! I'm Gonna be 21 this Oct and Opened a DigiSave Youth Account in HDFC in July, hopefully I get a Pre-Approved by this Year's End. Btw, did you open a Regular Savings Account or Digisave Account?

gagan43

KF Expert
That's Great!! I'm Gonna be 21 this Oct and Opened a DigiSave Youth Account in HDFC in July, hopefully I get a Pre-Approved by this Year's End. Btw, did you open a Regular Savings Account or Digisave Account?
Open a regular savings account maintain the balance and do some transactions hopefully in 6-8 months you will get pre-approved offer for credit card
And in majority of cases hdfc dont even ask for any income docs
They give cr cards without just one click verification of bank a/c
(My aunt got biz grow card without any income that to with the limit of 1,08,000 in just 8 months of opening the bank a/c)

Sam Maxi

KF Expert
Open a regular savings account maintain the balance and do some transactions hopefully in 6-8 months you will get pre-approved offer for credit card
(My aunt got biz grow card without any income that to with the limit of 1,08,000 in just 8 months of opening the bank a/c)
Thanks for your Input! And Yes I'm Maintaining as much as i can since last month in my HDFC Account, Waiting for the Offer.

Sam Maxi

KF Expert
Btw is it Necessary for me to Open a Regular Savings account and Not Digisave? Regular account has better Chaces for pre-approved cc offer? I have a DigiSave Account as of now and I'm Maintaining 15-18K