How to open Kotak 811 account.

I have been recently planning to open an account with Kotak Mahindra Bank.

Does kotak mahindra bank allow 811 zero balance account opening offline as online onboarding is banned by RBI?
(Attached a screenshot of the pop up when trying to open it online)

When I recently visited the beach they asked me to give them a 15k cheque for initial deposit and maintain MAB of Rs.10,000.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-08-06-17-11-47-708_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-08-06-17-11-47-708_com.android.chrome.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 8

TaxWiser

KF Mentor
I have been recently planning to open an account with Kotak Mahindra Bank.

Does kotak mahindra bank allow 811 zero balance account opening offline as online onboarding is banned by RBI?
(Attached a screenshot of the pop up when trying to open it online)

When I recently visited the beach they asked me to give them a 15k cheque for initial deposit and maintain MAB of Rs.10,000.
Firstly, Onboarding is not Banned, instead it was put on Hold due to the RBI’s restrictions on online onboarding. And Secondly, whichever bank you visit (offline) you will face the same issue of Forced MAB by Branch executives, it's Inevitable.
However if you want to open a Zero Balance Savings A/C in private bank then go with ICICI Zero Balance Savings A/C which is opened Online via Video KYC and Requires initial deposit of ₹95000. And if you are OK with PSU banks then SBI Savings A/C opened via Yono or BOB Bro Savings A/C might be good options. I am personally using this A/Cs, haven't faced any issue yet. 👍

You can try visiting Kotak Mahindra Bank Branch and open account but ensure that they'll open your kotak 811 edge account that is having AMB 10k. If you're looking for absolute beast try for indusind delight savings account, i.e zero balance.

Hey,

Did you know about IndusInd Bank Online Savings Account?

Open account instantly using Video KYC & enjoy:

• Freedom to pick your own account number
• Up to 6% interest on your account balance
• Exciting offers & cashback across top brands

- Happy Saving!

bigmouse

KF Ace
Firstly, Onboarding is not Banned, instead it was put on Hold due to the RBI’s restrictions on online onboarding. And Secondly, whichever bank you visit (offline) you will face the same issue of Forced MAB by Branch executives, it's Inevitable.
However if you want to open a Zero Balance Savings A/C in private bank then go with ICICI Zero Balance Savings A/C which is opened Online via Video KYC and Requires initial deposit of ₹95000. And if you are OK with PSU banks then SBI Savings A/C opened via Yono or BOB Bro Savings A/C might be good options. I am personally using this A/Cs, haven't faced any issue yet. 👍
ICICI Bank Mai zero balance account open nehi hota hai bhai abhi bandh hai pata nehi kab chalu hoga ..

Raj2708

KF Expert
Is BOB Bro provide free debit card facility?

TaxWiser

KF Mentor
Is BOB Bro provide free debit card facility?
Yes it's Free as of now
is all things is free with this account as written on website? or any hidden charge is there..?
For self satisfaction, You can Apply for Virtual Debit Card via BOB World app, and then close/block the Physical Debit Card

As per my experience, their's No Hidden Charges compared to SBI Savings A/C and I pay ₹0 charges in both my SBI & BOB Zero Balance A/C by using Virtual Debit card.
PS. I have a HDFC DC card for my 🏧 transaction, earlier it was also beneficial in CC bill payments 😔

Just Play by the Rules ✌️

Raj2708

KF Expert
Yes it's Free as of now

For self satisfaction, You can Apply for Virtual Debit Card via BOB World app, and then close/block the Physical Debit Card

As per my experience, their's No Hidden Charges compared to SBI Savings A/C and I pay ₹0 charges in both my SBI & BOB Zero Balance A/C by using Virtual Debit card.
PS. I have a HDFC DC card for my 🏧 transaction, earlier it was also beneficial in CC bill payments 😔

Just Play by the Rules ✌️
After getting Physical Debit card we can deactivate after using 6 month and then It will not take any charge? Am I getting it right.

TaxWiser

KF Mentor
After getting Physical Debit card we can deactivate after using 6 month and then It will not take any charge? Am I getting it right.
In Newly opened Savings A/C, no changes like updating personal details can be implemented till 6 months but not sure about Debit card because SBI was my first Savings A/C and I closed the Debit card after opening new Savings A/C in HDFC 🙄

First year AMC in Normal PSU Saving account is Inevitable, you have to pay it once for newly opened account but you must close before year end to avoid future amc charges or else PSU bank will also charge next year Debit card amc.

But, since BOB Bro Savings Account don't charge any amc you can close Physical Debit Card after getting Virtual Debit Card anytime. ✌️