I have ICICI credit card on amex network. Should I keep it or close it?

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
Depends on which card it is, how much are you paying for it, how much are you able to extract from it and also the value it adds to your overall portfolio. Amex usually has lower acceptance due to its higher merchant fee, but I am seeing more places accepting nowadays.

vishalprakash

KF Expert
if free.. keep it.. if paid then pls specify which card and what benefits.. if u r able to recover chgs.. keep it
Its not free, its ICICI coral credit card on amex network, i just took it because of amex network. Didn't have much knowledge/awareness earlier. Now I guess, i should directly get an American express card after going through some youtube videos. Pls suggest. And I appreciate your response.

Raj1379

KF Rookie
If it's your first AMEX..I would suggest to go with the American Express Membership Reward Credit card. This is one of the best cards of AMEX. You will get some bonus reward points as a welcome benefit. And for spending wise 1 point for every 50 rupees. If you make 4 transactions of 1500 every month, you will get 1000 bonus points. If the spend amount crosses 20k in a month then another 1000 points. These points you can use to redeem various gift vouchers. You can get the details in the below link: -
***********.americanexpress.com/in/rewards/membership-rewards/redeem-points/gold-collection.html

Also, I can transfer the point to its various airline partners and hotel partners. If you are able to use these points smartly..you can get a return of 60-70 paisa per point. The best thing is these points never expired. You can accumulate points and then utilize them in a chunk

Remember the card you should not apply directly on their website. Always use referrals to get the bonus points and get the card free for the 1st year. Second year onwards it will charge 1000 rupees. You can waver the fee if ur spend crosses 1.5 lakh and 50% waver if crosses 90k.

On the landing page, it will show the option for AMEX Platinum Travel Card. You can ignore that and click on the option to view all cards. There you can see the membership reward card. Let me know if you have any questions.

Skylar

KF Master
I have ICICI credit card on amex network. Should I keep it or close it? Is it really beneficial?
The primary benefit is lounge access. Some airports have lounges affiliated with one network, while others are associated with a different network. By having two cards, you increase the likelihood of accessing a lounge that is part of one of your card networks.