ICICI Amazon Pay vs. Axis Bank Flipkart Credit Card: Which Offers Better Cashback Benefits?

Hello everyone,

I've been using the Axis Bank Flipkart Credit Card for the past 5 years and recently applied for the ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card. After comparing both cards, I wanted to share my thoughts and seek clarification on some cashback-related points.

My Observations:​

1. ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card:
    • The 5% cashback for Prime members is credited to the Amazon Pay balance.
    • This balance can be used for shopping on Amazon or with partner merchants, but it cannot be used to pay the credit card bill directly.
    • To use this balance, I have to make a transaction through Amazon Pay. It feels more like a wallet benefit than actual cashback.
    • I cannot load my Amazon Pay balance using the credit card itself; it requires UPI, net banking, or other payment methods.
    • If you make a transaction of ₹1,000 on Amazon, you can't use the cashback already credited to your Amazon Pay balance to pay for it directly. You still have to pay the full ₹1,000 to receive the 5% cashback. If you wish to use your Amazon Pay balance for this purchase, you’d need to manually add ₹500 to your wallet, but in doing so, you won’t receive the 5% cashback benefit on this amount. This makes the cashback less flexible and more difficult to fully utilize in practice.
  2. Axis Bank Flipkart Credit Card:
    • The cashback earned is automatically adjusted against the next billing cycle, directly reducing the amount I owe on the credit card.
    • This feels like a more tangible financial benefit, as it lowers the outstanding balance without any restrictions on where or how to spend the cashback.
    • It seems more straightforward and beneficial, especially for someone like me who prefers having the cashback directly applied to my bill.

My Question:​

• Based on my experience, it feels like the Axis Bank Flipkart Credit Card offers a more practical cashback benefit because it reduces the credit card bill directly.
  • The Amazon Pay ICICI Card seems restrictive as the cashback can only be used within the Amazon Pay ecosystem, and not for bill payments.
Has anyone else compared these two cards in-depth? Are there any hidden advantages of the Amazon Pay ICICI Card that I might be overlooking? Or is the Flipkart Axis Card generally considered more beneficial due to its direct cashback application?

I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences on this! Feel free to share any tips or details I might have missed.

Thanks in advance!

abhimarda

KF Mentor
Hello everyone,

I've been using the Axis Bank Flipkart Credit Card for the past 5 years and recently applied for the ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card. After comparing both cards, I wanted to share my thoughts and seek clarification on some cashback-related points.

• This balance can be used for shopping on Amazon or with partner merchants, but it cannot be used to pay the credit card bill directly.
    • To use this balance, I have to make a transaction through Amazon Pay. It feels more like a wallet benefit than actual cashback.
    • I cannot load my Amazon Pay balance using the credit card itself; it requires UPI, net banking, or other payment methods.
    • If you make a transaction of ₹1,000 on Amazon, you can't use the cashback already credited to your Amazon Pay balance to pay for it directly. You still have to pay the full ₹1,000 to receive the 5% cashback. If you wish to use your Amazon Pay balance for this purchase, you’d need to manually add ₹500 to your wallet, but in doing so, you won’t receive the 5% cashback benefit on this amount. This makes the cashback less flexible and more difficult to fully utilize in practice.
    • The cashback earned is automatically adjusted against the next billing cycle, directly reducing the amount I owe on the credit card.
    • This feels like a more tangible financial benefit, as it lowers the outstanding balance without any restrictions on where or how to spend the cashback.
    • It seems more straightforward and beneficial, especially for someone like me who prefers having the cashback directly applied to my bill.

• Based on my experience, it feels like the Axis Bank Flipkart Credit Card offers a more practical cashback benefit because it reduces the credit card bill directly.
  • The Amazon Pay ICICI Card seems restrictive as the cashback can only be used within the Amazon Pay ecosystem, and not for bill payments.
Has anyone else compared these two cards in-depth? Are there any hidden advantages of the Amazon Pay ICICI Card that I might be overlooking? Or is the Flipkart Axis Card generally considered more beneficial due to its direct cashback application?

I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences on this! Feel free to share any tips or details I might have missed.

Thanks in advance!
What you have noted is correct however please note that
1) ICICI Amazon is a lifetime free card but Flipkart Axis is not.
2) There are many exclusions in Axis Flipkart card like insurance, utility, jewellery and many more while ICICI Amazon has hardly any exclusion.
3) Axis has devalued the their cards badly and this card is no exception while there is hardly any devaluation on ICICI Amazon card since inception.
4) Earlier we could use the Amazon pay balance to partially pay if the purchase was for higher amount than Apay balance while remaining could be paid by Credit card/others. This is slightly devaluation.

zacobite

KF Mentor
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance!
interesting take... quite real view.. i am. not a fan of cobranded cards.. have none in my portfolio.. I had an axis vistara infinite for. 2 yrs and really earned a lot.. but after that.. None.. I love Core Cards :)

Skylar

KF Master
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance!
The Amazon ICICI card is lifetime free, but you need to pay ₹499 for the Prime Shopping Edition to get 5% cashback.

I like that the cashback gets adjusted in the statement. The Amazon Pay ICICI card offers cashback on most spending, unlike the Flipkart Axis card.

Additionally, the ₹3.5 lakh spending requirement to get the fee waived is too high, and for utility payments, the Amazon card gives 2% cashback.

I prefer Amazon pay card as even when cashback is credited into apay balance that apay balance can be used for buying amazon, swiggy, airtel and many more apps and sites that support amazon pay balance.

Keeping these two cards aside as of now I'm fan of Swiggy HDFC card cashback is adjusted one day after the bill generation we don't have to wait till next month, we can pay less this month it self.

abhimarda

KF Mentor
Better than both Amazon ICICI and Axis Flipkart is SBI Cashback card which gives 5% cashback on almost all online spends except the standard exclusions and 1% on all offline spends with Rs 5000 cap in per month cashback. Cashback gets credited 2 days after bill generation date though annual fees is 999+GST and so in annual fees. Annual fees reversal of Rs 2 lakhs spent which is not too tough.