ICICI CC limit not increasing

hpits

KF Rookie
I have 3 ICICI credit card. All LTF.
1 - Sapphiro
2 - AP
3 - Coral Rupay

I have same limit in all the 3 cards to 3.7L. It's been almost a year since I received the credit enhancement offer on my sapphiro. I hold a salary account with the bank. Recently I tried to contact the support team and requested to increase my limit to which they declined. However, I have never received any email or call of rejection. I am not sure how I can increase my CC limit.

Also, my RM is a useless.

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
I have 3 ICICI credit card. All LTF.
1 - Sapphiro
2 - AP
3 - Coral Rupay

I have same limit in all the 3 cards to 3.7L. It's been almost a year since I received the credit enhancement offer on my sapphiro. I hold a salary account with the bank. Recently I tried to contact the support team and requested to increase my limit to which they declined. However, I have never received any email or call of rejection. I am not sure how I can increase my CC limit.

Also, my RM is a useless.
Switch your salary account to some other bank (inform ICICI first and see how they respond). Also, what is your overall credit limit across all cards as a percentage of your total salary?

hpits

KF Rookie
Switch your salary account to some other bank (inform ICICI first and see how they respond). Also, what is your overall credit limit across all cards as a percentage of your total salary?
I have a package of 10+ and total credit limit showing in cibil is separate in all the 3 cards to 3.7L each.

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
I have a package of 10+ and total credit limit showing in cibil is separate in all the 3 cards to 3.7L each.
3.7L each or is it a common limit that is shared across the 3 cards? Either way, I would suggest to either speak to the bank and see if they are willing to offer you a higher limit else switch to a different bank.

hpits

KF Rookie
3.7L each or is it a common limit that is shared across the 3 cards? Either way, I would suggest to either speak to the bank and see if they are willing to offer you a higher limit else switch to a different bank.
It's 3.7L each. My monthly spends on all the 3 cards combined is 15k and sometimes 30-40k.

hpits

KF Rookie
Please don’t be offended but why do you need a higher limit in this case? Do you have a big purchase in mind? 👀
I understand. I do have big purchase planned. However, I just want one of my card to cross 5L+ limit. So, I can get other banks premium card at CTC basis.

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
I understand. I do have big purchase planned. However, I just want one of my card to cross 5L+ limit. So, I can get other banks premium card at CTC basis.
Got it, have you tried asking ICICI to close one of your cards and add the limit onto another? Or, if they can decrease the limit of one card and increase the other > 5L?

hpits

KF Rookie
Got it, have you tried asking ICICI to close one of your cards and add the limit onto another? Or, if they can decrease the limit of one card and increase the other > 5L?
I tried that by asking my RM. As per my RM the limit is shared between 3 cards. However, in the cibil it is reflecting that each card is having 3.7L individually.

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
I tried that by asking my RM. As per my RM the limit is shared between 3 cards. However, in the cibil it is reflecting that each card is having 3.7L individually.
Ah, RM is correct. It is a shared limit across the 3 cards. You can confirm this by spending some amount on one card and then checking the overall credit limit remaining for the other 2 cards.

hpits

KF Rookie
Ah, RM is correct. It is a shared limit across the 3 cards. You can confirm this by spending some amount on one card and then checking the overall credit limit remaining for the other 2 cards.
Okay. Let me check with the customer support.

hpits

KF Rookie
I have restricted my limit to 50% (i.e. 1.8L). Does it impact future offers of enhancing Credit limit?

Skylar

KF Master
Despite sharing an overall limit of 3.7 lakh, credit reports often depict them as distinct entities.

Co-branded cards are displayed separately, whereas Gemstone cards are typically grouped together.
However, there may be an exception for the RuPay variant.

hpits

KF Rookie
No, they have to do it from their end. The custom limits we set isn't usually a factor.
In this week, I had word with the support executive and he told me that the reason you are not receiving the limit increase offer is because you have kept the limit restriction from your end. I was blown away by his response lol.

hpits

KF Rookie
Despite sharing an overall limit of 3.7 lakh, credit reports often depict them as distinct entities.

Co-branded cards are displayed separately, whereas Gemstone cards are typically grouped together.
However, there may be an exception for the RuPay variant.
So, how should I consider it. all 3 having diff limits? OR All 3 having shared limit?