ideas for creating a mutual fund portfolio or stock portfolio for the future of a 2-year-old daughter.

yogi1012

KF Rookie
I want to save money for my daughter's future needs on her name, so I need some advice on what the optimal mutual fund categories and stock portfolio should look like. This would have a tenure of roughly 16–18 years.

Mayur

KF Ace
Its amazing its totally depends on you how much ammount you can invest per month.
Let's take 10,000 per month you can save.

Research about 1 best stock in every sector like banking, metal, tech, etc and make basket upto 6k and remaining 4k make sip in MF again research which is best.

yogi1012

KF Rookie
Its amazing its totally depends on you how much ammount you can invest per month.
Let's take 10,000 per month you can save.

Research about 1 best stock in every sector like banking, metal, tech, etc and make basket upto 6k and remaining 4k make sip in MF again research which is best.
Thanks for information Mayur ji. I am thinking about going for lumsum 1.5-2 lakh every year on her birthday. I consider you suggestion but I m confused with from which catogery should I choose stocks & funds such as small cap / mid cap/ large cap / balance funds / multicap etc for such tenure. I liked your idea for combination of stocks & mutual fund (60:40 ratio)