IDFC Wealth account upgrade

vishalprakash

KF Expert
I want to upgrade my IDFC regular savings account (MAB 25000) to wealth account. Can anyone tell me how I can upgrade without hefty funds like 10 lacs. I have heard people getting upgraded to wealth account with a minimum fund as low as 1 lac. What's the hack? Please suggest.

Response much appreciated.

Last edited:

zacobite

KF Mentor
I want to upgrade my IDFC regular savings account (MAB 25000) to wealth account. Can anyone tell me how I can upgrade without hefty funds like 10 lacs. I have heard people getting upgraded to wealth account with a minimum fund as low as 1 lac. What's the hack? Please suggest.

Response much appreciated.
what are you looking for? any specific benefit?

vishalprakash

KF Expert
what are you looking for? any specific benefit?
it's debit card
Family benefits - we can add upto 5 members of family to avail same benefits
Debit has 3% reward benefit on credit card and other bill payments
Exceptional lounge access with guest, i would say best debit in segment.
it's interest rates for saving account

zacobite

KF Mentor
it's debit card
Family benefits - we can add upto 5 members of family to avail same benefits
Debit has 3% reward benefit on credit card and other bill payments
Exceptional lounge access with guest, i would say best debit in segment.
it's interest rates for saving account
debit card doesn't give 3% on cc payment
interest rates are same for all types of accts
it does give better insurance coverage - maybe better customer service.. but nothing special.. free locker is there which is a gd benefit.. go for it if it meets ur needs

zacobite

KF Mentor
my fi account gives 2%. that's why I was thinking to get that debit card
2% flat on cc pay? so if i pay 1L i will get 2k Rs back in my account?.. Pls confirm.. i have to chk this out! 3% on idfc also v v unlikely.. pls do get written confirmation from bank.. in above eg 3k inr cashback into acct..

Last edited:

vishalprakash

KF Expert
there is a capping of 500/month, I use 3 accounts of my family members if required. Also, per transaction cashback is limited to Rs 30. So, you have to do a transaction of Rs 1500 too many times depending on the bill amount. So, you may find this method with a bit with hassle. And also, not many people know about this, definitely this will get devaluated as it will be accessed widely by too many people or by being discussed on social media and youtube. Youtube is a big threat now a days. :(

zacobite

KF Mentor
there is a capping of 500/month, I use 3 accounts of my family members if required. Also, per transaction cashback is limited to Rs 30. So, you have to do a transaction of Rs 1500 too many times depending on the bill amount. So, you may find this method with a bit with hassle. And also, not many people know about this, definitely this will get devaluated as it will be accessed widely by too many people or by being discussed on social media and youtube. Youtube is a big threat now a days. :(
again too much effort for too less... idfc is a decent bank.. fd rates are generally higher.. gd option

zacobite

KF Mentor
What's the actual issue with neo banks? I actually want to know.
they r like startups.. not stable / poor service / bad tech / lotsa issues..intermediary.. they still have bigger banks behind.. so all rewards are to hook customers only... not sustainable.. rbi also watching closely..