Insurance premium by credit card

zack54

KF Expert
Good gosh so many cards...how do you manage so many? Also how did you get more than 2 cards from Axis and SBI? They generally don't allow it.
Thanks

I have created a excel sheet to manage all of them perfectly. Axis second card I applied through customer care and third one applied through app. Same is with Sbi. Sbi cashback card I have applied through website.

Can anybody share which card is best for Mediclaim policy or Term insurance premium payments?
I am my list of credit cards which I am holding, please suggest which one is best for the same.
Amex:- smartearn
AU LIT card
Axis:- ACE, Flipkart, Kwik rupay
Bank or Baroda Select card
Citi:- Indianoil, rewards
Federal Imperio
Hdfc:- Regalia
Hsbc platinum
Idfc first select
Indusind legend
Icici:- amazon pay, makemytrip, coral rupay
Kotak:- Royale, urbane
Pnb rupay platinum
One card
Rbl shoprite
Sbi :- simplysave, Bpcl, cashback
Standard Chatered:- Easemytrip, smart card
Yes bank prosperity edge
Cards with highest reward points/cashback on insurance:
  • Axis Flipkart: Offers 5% cashback on all online spends, including insurance payments.
  • Amex Smartearn: 2 Membership Rewards points per ₹100 spent, which can be redeemed for various rewards, including gift cards or statement credits.
  • IndusInd Legend: 2.5% cashback on all spends, including insurance.
  • SBI SimplySave: 4% cashback on bill payments, including insurance.
Cards with fee waivers for insurance premium payments:
  • Federal Bank Imperio: Offers fee waiver on annual fee if you spend ₹1 lakh on insurance premiums.
  • Citi Rewards: Fee waiver on annual fee if you spend ₹1 lakh on online transactions, including insurance premiums.

hope this helps

zack54

KF Expert
  • Axis Flipkart: Offers 5% cashback on all online spends, including insurance payments.
  • Amex Smartearn: 2 Membership Rewards points per ₹100 spent, which can be redeemed for various rewards, including gift cards or statement credits.
  • Federal Bank Imperio: Offers fee waiver on annual fee if you spend ₹1 lakh on insurance premiums.
  • Citi Rewards: Fee waiver on annual fee if you spend ₹1 lakh on online transactions, including insurance premiums.

hope this helps
Thanks for your reply Anurag,

I have used flipkart axis for Mediclaim policy renewal. Let's see if they will give cashback against the same. I will update here as well.
Amex smartearn will not be useful for insurance premium, I tried to make the payment for Hdfc Ergo mediclaim policy renewal, but they won't accept payments through american cards.
Federal imperio is giving very less points as cashback for paying the insurance premiums.

Please share if you find anything valuable for term insurance premiums as well.

Thanks for your reply Anurag,

I have used flipkart axis for Mediclaim policy renewal. Let's see if they will give cashback against the same. I will update here as well.
Amex smartearn will not be useful for insurance premium, I tried to make the payment for Hdfc Ergo mediclaim policy renewal, but they won't accept payments through american cards.
Federal imperio is giving very less points as cashback for paying the insurance premiums.

Please share if you find anything valuable for term insurance premiums as well.
okay if I find I will update it here as well

Best is SBI cashback card. Use it to buy Amazon gift card and add it to Amazon Pay balance. Then pay from Amazon app. You get 5% cashback for purchasing gift card. Before doing so just check if the insurance provider is listed in Amazon app or not.
This amazon gift card needs to be bought from Amazon app only plz confirm

abhimarda

KF Mentor
Didn't SBI stopped giving cashback on gift cards?
Yes, it did. But that is tracked by MCC. If you buy the gift card from site like gyftr they have MCC of gift shop/ souvenir/ gift card and then you won't get cashback however Amazon most probably has electronics as their general MCC. So you will get cashback. I buy each month for 10k and I get 500 cashback each month for that

Last edited:

abhimarda

KF Mentor

hope this helps
There is no cashback for insurance in Axis Flipkart. IndusInd Legend gives 0.7% cashback on Insurance payments. I don't think SBI SimplySave. gives 4% cash back on insurance, it is less than 0.7%.

abhimarda

KF Mentor
Yes, it did. But that is tracked by MCC. If you buy the gift card from site like gyftr they have MCC of gift shop/ souvenir/ gift card and then you won't get cashback however Amazon most probably has electronics as their general MCC. So you will get cashback. I buy each month for 10k and I get 500 cashback each month for that

guptajoy961

KF Expert
I want to know which credit Cards are still offering cashback or benifits for insurance premium payment?

• First up, we have the HSBC Cashback Credit Card. This one’s pretty cool because it offers 1.5% unlimited cashback on all spends. But here’s the catch, there are some exclusions and they didn’t specifically mention insurance premium payments. So, you might want to check out their detailed service guide just to be sure.
  • Next, there’s the Axis Ace Credit Card. This card gives you a whopping 5% cashback on utility bill payments. But again, they didn’t say anything about insurance premium payments. So, it might be a good idea to review their terms and conditions.
  • Lastly, we have the SBI Cashback Credit Card. This one offers 1% cashback on all offline spends and utility bill payments. But just like the others, they didn’t explicitly state if insurance premium payments are included. So, you might want to verify their specific terms around eligible spends for cashback.

abhimarda

KF Mentor
  • First up, we have the HSBC Cashback Credit Card. This one’s pretty cool because it offers 1.5% unlimited cashback on all spends. But here’s the catch, there are some exclusions and they didn’t specifically mention insurance premium payments. So, you might want to check out their detailed service guide just to be sure.
  • Next, there’s the Axis Ace Credit Card. This card gives you a whopping 5% cashback on utility bill payments. But again, they didn’t say anything about insurance premium payments. So, it might be a good idea to review their terms and conditions.
  • Lastly, we have the SBI Cashback Credit Card. This one offers 1% cashback on all offline spends and utility bill payments. But just like the others, they didn’t explicitly state if insurance premium payments are included. So, you might want to verify their specific terms around eligible spends for cashback.
I have read the T&C of all the 3 cards and none of them offer any cashback on insurance payment. NIL. Specifically mentioned in T&C of all these 3 cards. One can also use Standard Chartered Smart Credit card to make insurance payments and can earn 2% cashback, max Rs 1k pm for online transactions and 1% upto Rs.500 pm for all offline transactions. This card is not LTF and has 499+GST as joining/annual fees.

Prince

KF Expert
Most of the best cashback cards has been devalued and the card which most of us have - ICICI Amazon is providing the best cashback1% Cashback.
But if your willing to apply for a new card with card fees, you can check standard chartered Smart Credit card which offer 1.5% cashback with a fees of Rs 500+GST