Is adding nominee in demat account is necessary from 1 Oct 2023?

nikhilchauhan

Administrator
Staff member
It has became necessary but SEBI has extended the deadline to December 31, 2023. So, we have pretty much time to actually do it

17ysaurabh

KF Mentor
Yes, it is. The dates are extended but it's better to nominate someone rather than waiting for the deadline.
If you miss doing so, your demat account might get frozen and you won't be able to trade shares or perform any sort of transaction to and from your demat account.

arjungoyal12

KF Mentor
Yes, it is. The dates are extended but it's better to nominate someone rather than waiting for the deadline.
If you miss doing so, your demat account might get frozen and you won't be able to trade shares or perform any sort of transaction to and from your demat account.
But How can I do it? I have my demat account with Zerodha right now

17ysaurabh

KF Mentor
But How can I do it? I have my demat account with Zerodha right now
I had an account in Groww and the INDMoney app.
We can easily do that in the INDMoney app. It even allowed to nominate for funds that were linked with Groww.

I'm sharing a screenshot of the steps mentioned on the Zerodha site to add a nominee.
I hope it helps!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 1.05.49 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 1.05.49 PM.png
    233.8 KB · Views: 1

17ysaurabh

KF Mentor
There's a video showing the step-by-step process of adding a nominee through the Zerodha site.
You can refer to this if you have any doubts.

Please check this official link:
****.support.zerodha.com/category/your-zerodha-account/nomination-process/articles/add-nominee-online-zerodha

Last edited by a moderator:

arjungoyal12

KF Mentor
There's a video showing the step-by-step process of adding a nominee through the Zerodha site.
You can refer to this if you have any doubts.

Please check this official link:
****.support.zerodha.com/category/your-zerodha-account/nomination-process/articles/add-nominee-online-zerodha
Thanks a lot buddy!