is it possible to get health insurance for parents given the conditions?

Hi all. my father is 62 and had bypass surgery 6 years ago. he's diabetic. Takes insulin and medicine for cholestrol since the surgery. my mother is 59 and has bp and asthma. Is it possible to get health insurance for them. if yes, please recommend some that doesn't cost a lot in the premium.

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
Firstly, sorry to hear about your parents health. Secondly, yes, but the premiums would be very high. If you have a corporate health insurance , I suggest to add them under the group cover (this also will be expensive but less than if opted outside).

TaxWiser

KF Mentor
Hi all. my father is 62 and had bypass surgery 6 years ago. he's diabetic. Takes insulin and medicine for cholestrol since the surgery. my mother is 59 and has bp and asthma. Is it possible to get health insurance for them. if yes, please recommend some that doesn't cost a lot in the premium.
Hey there! 😊

I understand your concern about your parent's health and finding the right insurance for them. Given your father's history with bypass surgery, diabetes, and cholesterol medication, and your mother's BP and asthma, it can be a bit challenging, but definitely not impossible to get health insurance for them.

Here are a few options you might consider:
  1. Star Health Senior Citizens Red Carpet: This plan is specifically designed for senior citizens and covers pre-existing conditions after a waiting period. The premiums are relatively affordable.
  2. HDFC ERGO Health Optima Senior: This plan offers comprehensive coverage for senior citizens, including pre-existing diseases after a waiting period. It also provides cashless treatment in a wide network of hospitals.
  3. New India Assurance Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy: This policy covers pre-existing conditions like diabetes and hypertension after a waiting period and offers a decent coverage amount at a reasonable premium.
  4. Religare Care Senior: This plan provides coverage for pre-existing diseases after a waiting period and offers a range of sum insured options to choose from.
It's always a good idea to compare the plans on Online Platforms like Policybazaar based on the coverage, waiting periods, and premiums to find the best fit for your parents' needs. You might also want to consult with an insurance advisor to get personalized recommendations.

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask. Take care! 😊

Hey there! 😊

I understand your concern about your parent's health and finding the right insurance for them. Given your father's history with bypass surgery, diabetes, and cholesterol medication, and your mother's BP and asthma, it can be a bit challenging, but definitely not impossible to get health insurance for them.

Here are a few options you might consider:
  1. Star Health Senior Citizens Red Carpet: This plan is specifically designed for senior citizens and covers pre-existing conditions after a waiting period. The premiums are relatively affordable.
  2. HDFC ERGO Health Optima Senior: This plan offers comprehensive coverage for senior citizens, including pre-existing diseases after a waiting period. It also provides cashless treatment in a wide network of hospitals.
  3. New India Assurance Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy: This policy covers pre-existing conditions like diabetes and hypertension after a waiting period and offers a decent coverage amount at a reasonable premium.
  4. Religare Care Senior: This plan provides coverage for pre-existing diseases after a waiting period and offers a range of sum insured options to choose from.
It's always a good idea to compare the plans on Online Platforms like Policybazaar based on the coverage, waiting periods, and premiums to find the best fit for your parents' needs. You might also want to consult with an insurance advisor to get personalized recommendations.

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask. Take care! 😊
thank you 😊

Prabin

KF Ace
I would suggest you to go with CARE HEALTH INSURANCE considering above conditions. Service is good and you can also decrease waiting period with some extra premium.