Motilal oswal micro cap fund vs any actively managed small cap fun

hammadsultan

KF Rookie
Can anyone let me know which mutual fund should I choose between motilal oswal microcap and tata small cap fund. I am an aggressive investor with a horizon of 7-10 years. Also should I only invest in a flexi cap(ppfc) and a small cap fund for long term or should I invest in more funds?

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
Both Flexi Cap and Small Cap are good categories to invest for long term. But still I would recommend diversifying with a Large Cap to add some stability to your portfolio.

In the Small Cap category, we had done a detailed analysis on Youtube. The top funds in Small Cap category were - Quant Small Cap, Nippon Small Cap, SBI Small Cap, Kotak small Cap. You can watch that video to understand more

hammadsultan

KF Rookie
Hi can you if possible let me see which whether motilal oswal microcap fund worth it or should I continue with a small cap fund?

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
Seems like this is the 1st fund launched in the Micro Cap Category. Fund also seems to be launched very recently. Data is very limited for a comprehensive analysis.

Will be able to comment only on the Micro Cap as a category, not this Fund

- MicroCap investing as the name suggest invests in in Companies with low market cap
- Generally such companies are promoter/ founder driven unlike Large Caps which have are run by a Board
- Due to this, these companies in general are very high risk - returns also could be disproportionately very high..

Final decision will depend on your risk appetite and investment strategy