Need a good savings account with Max 10k MAB.

raj164

KF Ace
HDFC BANK - They are the worst my KYC is stuck and they are asking to visit branch which I can't.
ICICI Bank - Same thing they aren't onboarding new customers online they asked me to visit the branch and asked for 1 lakh initial funding.
Axis bank- 599+ GST for debit card seems excessive with 12k mab.

TaxWiser

KF Mentor
HDFC BANK - They are the worst my KYC is stuck and they are asking to visit branch which I can't.
ICICI Bank - Same thing they aren't onboarding new customers online they asked me to visit the branch and asked for 1 lakh initial funding.
Axis bank- 599+ GST for debit card seems excessive with 12k mab.
Try checking Zero Balance SBI Savings Account opened online via the Yono app, completing the process through video KYC.
It offers the best online net banking and app experience, with good customer support via call and email. However, the offline experience may be poor based on your location, which I understand is not your major concern.

Other options to consider: BOB, IndusInd, Kotak, IDFC

raj164

KF Ace
Why not SBI zero balance account? It's debit card can be very useful in sales.
Also if you cancel physical card and apply virtual card then no fee even for debit card.
Unfortunately it shows an error while applying and asks me TO VISIT THE BRANCH which I can't

Sam Maxi

KF Expert
No🙂 if mab is an issue, you can go for kotak maybe
Kotak 811 is By Far the Best Zero Balance, Fully Digital Account. But Sadly, i don't think they are Onboarding New Customers Digitally. I was Lucky To Have Opened my 811 Account just Few Days Before the RBI Restrictions.

Sam Maxi

KF Expert
My Primary Account Was in SBI Since Many Years but Just Recently i Switched to HDFC as my Primary Account and for me the Process and Experience is Seemless. But to Clarify i Visited the Branch Once and they Handed me Over the Welcome Kit Instantly, so No Waiting and No second Visit After that. Did you Check on YouTube about the Solutions about this Kyc Stuck issue? If you are Able to Complete the Process and Open the Account, i think you'll have a Good Experience, But again Depends on your Branch and Issues

PahulGoyal

KF Expert
My Primary Account Was in SBI Since Many Years but Just Recently i Switched to HDFC as my Primary Account and for me the Process and Experience is Seemless. But to Clarify i Visited the Branch Once and they Handed me Over the Welcome Kit Instantly, so No Waiting and No second Visit After that. Did you Check on YouTube about the Solutions about this Kyc Stuck issue? If you are Able to Complete the Process and Open the Account, i think you'll have a Good Experience, But again Depends on your Branch and Issues
Hdfc has mab requirement right? They don't have any zero balance account

PahulGoyal

KF Expert
Yes Ofc. For Regular Accounts its 10k for Urban/Metro, 5k for Semi-Urban, 2.5k for Rural. For DigiSave Account its 5k for Metro/Urban, 2.5k for Rural. I Opted for Digisave Account.
How do I check if my city comes under urban or semi-urban? Does urban mean all metro cities only?

Sam Maxi

KF Expert
How do I check if my city comes under urban or semi-urban? Does urban mean all metro cities only?
Just Search your City Name and Confirm it on Google For e.g. "Is Rajkot a Urban City or Semi-Urban City" and you shall get your answer

And No Urban Includes Many Developed Cities and not Just Metro Cities

Last edited:

PahulGoyal

KF Expert
Just Search your City Name and Confirm it on Google For e.g. "Is Rajkot a Urban City or Semi-Urban City" and you shall get your answer

And No Urban Includes Many Developed Cities and not Just Metro Cities
Ohk, thanks bro. Now I am feeling bad that my city is considered an urban City🥲

Sam Maxi

KF Expert
Ohk, thanks bro. Now I am feeling bad that my city is considered an urban City🥲
Always Welcome :) and Yes, I was Also Guessing that my city would be in Semi-Urban but when Asked to Maintain 10k for Regular Account, i was like Woah haha. If you are Under 25 then you can Opt for DigiSave Account. Not Much Difference from Regular Account and Well you need to Maintain only 5k

PahulGoyal

KF Expert
Always Welcome :) and Yes, I was Also Guessing that my city would be in Semi-Urban but when Asked to Maintain 10k for Regular Account, i was like Woah haha. If you are Under 25 then you can Opt for DigiSave Account. Not Much Difference from Regular Account and Well you need to Maintain only 5k
Yeah I already have 8-9 active bank accounts, I don't think opening 1 more would be that good idea.