Need help on ITR and PF

Ishita Gupta

KF Rookie
Hey everyone! This is my first post here.

I have been working in a seed funded startup and they haven't paid the ITR and PF to the govt. although it has been deducted from my salary.

They also have 2.5 lacs pending dues for me, past salaries/incentives that they haven't paid.

What should be the best course of action for the govt. compliances to not be in a pickle from my side.

zacobite

KF Mentor

I have been working in a seed funded startup and they haven't paid the ITR and PF to the govt. although it has been deducted from my salary.

They also have 2.5 lacs pending dues for me, past salaries/incentives that they haven't paid.

What should be the best course of action for the govt. compliances to not be in a pickle from my side.
tell them to pay dues..else u can complain to epfo

Hi Ishita,

Hope you're doing well.
The query raised by you cannot be answered properly based on the given facts.
To make sure you are in compliance with the taxation laws, you will have to file your income tax return for the FY which has ended (due on 31 July 24)

As the FY has come to and end, you can ask them to give you Form 16 for the TDS and other amounts that have been deducted from your pay every month.

If you have not already got your pay slips for each month, now would be a good time to collect it.

The annual form 16 and payment slips analysis has to be done in order to check what you have to do in order to be in compliance from your side.

Regarding the PF amount which they have deducted and not yet deposited, instead of going to complaint to the EPFO, first discuss with them why they haven't deposited the said amount as they mandatorily have to deposit this amount every month and if they delay it even by 1 month they will not be allowed to claim that portion of your salary as an expense for their income tax computation (they only would suffer if they pay late)

Hope this helps!

Shub123@

KF Rookie
Agr koi chota dukan daar hai aur presumptive income show krna chahta hai saath hi capital gain b hai share aur mutual fund se toh Kaun sa itr file kre

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member

You can always file an online complaint through the EPFiGMS portal. You can register a complaint by providing your UAN, and your employer’s establishment code.

Prince

KF Expert

Hie,
As per the Compliance they can file the TDS for March 2024 upto 30-04-2024 & they need to share the Form 16 also, Latest by 15th June 2024, without bearing Interest Cost and Late filing fees.
So you can request the Form 16 latest by June first week, till then they will fix the dues to streamline compliances, In case they have not done that you can always take things Legally, as your dues are also pending for more than 3 Months.

For PF, you can raise the compliant at EPFiGMS portal, but first request the company via written communication.