Need suggestion

Roger D

KF Rookie
I am planning to invest 15000 rs per month in mutual fund. Thinking about investing in 3k each in 5 different funds. Can you please suggest funds where I can get good returns in next 10 yrs. My age is 45

zacobite

KF Mentor
I am planning to invest 15000 rs per month in mutual fund. Thinking about investing in 3k each in 5 different funds. Can you please suggest funds where I can get good returns in next 10 yrs. My age is 45
1 Index fund / 1 International fund / 1 Gold Fund / 1 Debt Fund / 1 mid & small cap fund

Abhee Das

KF Ace
Sbi small cap, SBI focused, Motilal Oswal s&p 500 index, Navi elss tax saver 50 index, Smaco dynamic asset allocation fund. you can download zerodha coin app where you will get all the funds in one place no need to create multiple accounts in separate fund management apps for investment and will be able to save your valuable time.

saurabh.s

KF Expert
Sbi small cap, SBI focused, Motilal Oswal s&p 500 index, Navi elss tax saver 50 index, Smaco dynamic asset allocation fund. you can download zerodha coin app where you will get all the funds in one place no need to create multiple accounts in separate fund management apps for investment and will be able to save your valuable time.
most of your mentioned funds are underperforming compared to their peers

launchcraft

KF Mentor
I suggest don't invest in mutual funds they will go up and down as the market moves.
You should start investing in different companies and their shares, by different I mean of different sectors like banking, fmcg, hotels, etc.
Invest in large cap or mid cap companies of various sectors so that you will sure how that company is performing based on market movement then you can decide in which you have to invest more on regular basis.
Sorry to say but I am totally against mutuals funds and I prefer investing money in the company I know.
This is totally my view, you should decide based on your understanding and knowledge.

17ysaurabh

KF Mentor
Hey @Roger D I would suggest you rethink the way you divide Rs. 15k into different mutual funds.
Dividing the amount equally is not a good way as the risk involved in each mutual fund category like Large cap, Flexi cap, Mid cap and Small cap is different.

Artharjan

KF Rookie
At age of 45 it is better not to take much risk and pressure of market volatility you have taken great discussion to invest in mutual funds.
We believe this fund is for your retirement, So better to be safe

You can divide your funds into 3 SIPs
  • Blue-chip Fund
  • Flexi cap Fund
  • Multi-asset allocation Fund
This mix will help you get diversification in different market caps as well as different asset classes.
And its best to switch to SWP once you have reached your retirement age.