Not getting any upgrade on HDFC CC

vishalprakash

KF Expert
Hello everyone,

I hold 2 HDFC credit cards, one is core card HDFC Moneyback+ and the other one is co-branded TATA Neu Plus.
For 2 years I have been using these cards and never missed a single payment on these as well as other bank cards, hence I have a good repayment history. My CIBIL is 780+ in every month. Still, I have not received any card upgrade offer since then. I asked customer care for an upgrade, but they refused to do it manually.

What could be possible reasons for not receiving an upgrade. Also, my limit has not been increasing for 1 year.

Pls suggest. Should I permanently close the cards and apply again for Millenia or Regalia, or should I retain them?

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
Very interesting, ideally there should be offers in your NetBanking portal. What is your overall credit limit compared to your net income? Also, how much do you spend on these cards annually?

vishalprakash

KF Expert
Very interesting, ideally there should be offers in your NetBanking portal. What is your overall credit limit compared to your net income? Also, how much do you spend on these cards annually?
Limit is very low only 72000, i spend more than 5 lacs per year. No offers on NB portal. I earn around 80k.

vishalprakash

KF Expert
People who earn like me have better cards. I don't know why I don't receive offers.

vishalprakash

KF Expert
Forgot to ask, do you have other cards as well or any ongoing loans?
So no ongoing loans, i have total 21 credit cards. almost 1 lac limit on every card. Does that bother? I saw many videos claiming too many cards does not hamper. Although earlier I used to believe that we should not hold many cards. Please correct me if have incorrect understanding.

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
So no ongoing loans, i have total 21 credit cards. almost 1 lac limit on every card. Does that bother? I saw many videos claiming too many cards does not hamper. Although earlier I used to believe that we should not hold many cards. Please correct me if have incorrect understanding.
If the total credit limit across the 21 is more than your net annual income, then it might be a factor. Out of curiosity, what cards do you have and how do you use them? 👀

vishalprakash

KF Expert
If the total credit limit across the 21 is more than your net annual income, then it might be a factor. Out of curiosity, what cards do you have and how do you use them? 👀
net annual income is not a problem because all of the bank's card limit is shared by other variants of same bank card.

ICICI coral on amex network
icici coral rupay
icici hpcl coral
amazon pay icici
icici makemytrip

hdfc moneyback+
tata neu hdfc

axis myzone
axis neo
flipkart axis

bank of baroda premier
bank of baroda energize hpcl

rbl world safari
rbl bank bazar savemax

kotak league
kotak 811

au xcite
au insta pay

bajaj emi card

sbi cashback credit card

yes bank prosperity business
yes bank rupay

punjab national bank rupay platinum

all are lifetime free, except flipkart axis and sbi cashback CC. For sbi i have already got a return equivalent of 23 years of its annual fees.
Annual fees are also not a problem for me despite having these many cards.

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
net annual income is not a problem because all of the bank's card limit is shared by other variants of same bank card.

ICICI coral on amex network
icici coral rupay
icici hpcl coral
amazon pay icici
icici makemytrip

hdfc moneyback+
tata neu hdfc

axis myzone
axis neo
flipkart axis

bank of baroda premier
bank of baroda energize hpcl

rbl world safari
rbl bank bazar savemax

kotak league
kotak 811

au xcite
au insta pay

bajaj emi card

sbi cashback credit card

yes bank prosperity business
yes bank rupay

punjab national bank rupay platinum

all are lifetime free, except flipkart axis and sbi cashback CC. For sbi i have already got a return equivalent of 23 years of its annual fees.
Annual fees are also not a problem for me despite having these many cards.
I would struggle to manage so many cards xD hahah, but what's your combined credit limit as a percentage of your annual income?

vishalprakash

KF Expert
I would struggle to manage so many cards xD hahah, but what's your combined credit limit as a percentage of your annual income?
Total limit 10-11 lacs. Income is also same.

I have simplified my purchases and bill payment in such a way that it does not create a heck for me. But you said true, usually it is a tedious task to manage so many cards.

Also, I want some info regarding Amex cards as you have mentioned about referral. Please let me know how I can reach you.

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
That's probably the reason, you overall credit limit is near to your overall income. I sent you a message here , please check and reply for Amex referral

Karunakara

KF Mentor
People say that it is unlikely to get HDFC Millenia if you are using Tata Neu card. You may also request your RM to process your application for for Millenia offline. Chances are more because it goes through recommendation of BM.

Karunakara

KF Mentor
And you may think of Applying for HDFC Swiggy to reduce the cost of annual fee. For Millenia 1000.00 and for Swiggy Card 500.00 only. Benefits are similar.

But Millenia is the core card it will help you to get further upgrades based on your spend profile and credit score.

Skylar

KF Master
Limit is very low only 72000, i spend more than 5 lacs per year. No offers on NB portal. I earn around 80k.
The primary issue lies in the requirement for a credit limit of ₹1 lakh or more to upgrade to the Milliana card. Were you not informed about this by your RM? I recommend considering a change of RM.

To proceed with the upgrade, you must first obtain a Limit Enhancement (LE). Write an email to HDFC credit card Grievance requesting limit enhancement, and they will ask you to provide the necessary documents. Once you have the LE, you can request the card upgrade.