Offline vs Online Bike Insurance

Sarvesh Patil

KF Rookie
Before going to a long ride I am thinking to buy new bike insurance (First party). From which source should I buy the insurance? Online or offline. and what will be the price diff between both.

go for policy bazaar.com they are best to explain the product and you will have better understanding, if you go offline , people will do mis-selling.

Rohit*

KF Rookie
I will recommend visit the policy bazaar and look for the best insurance (read the term and condition of the policy) for you after you visit the website of the same insurance company or contact the customer care of the company and look for the same policy they are offering on their website.
It has been very useful for me as many a time when i buy a policy using this method i get the less premium on the same policy as on policy bazaar or the same premium with some added benefits with it. not every time this work but 95% of the time you will surely be benefited but it is a tedious work to do so but it pays for the work.

Visit the nearest General Insurance office and consult directly with an employee,they will be the best guide and most importantly they'll help you during an unfortunate claim.And another thing is that please keep your insurance always active and not just when going on a long ride.First of all it is illegal to drive a vehicle without a third party insurance and secondly , any third party claim can put you into a lot of financial distress....happy riding.

M0hit_s0ni

KF Rookie
You can buy it from anywhere online or offline but first understand which necessary covers you should take and specially personal accident cover as you said you're going for long drive

M0hit_s0ni

KF Rookie
go for policy bazaar.com they are best to explain the product and you will have better understanding, if you go offline , people will do mis-selling.
A good insurance advisor will never mis sell any policy even i had bad experience with policy bazaar they issued me a wrong policy

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
There is one major Pro of getting a policy directly from a Dealer - Ease of Claim - If the policy has been issued from a registered dealer's portal, mostly you will have a smooth claim experience because the Insurance surveyor team would already be in touch with the Dealer and your claim will be passed smoothly.

But before finalising the policy from Dealer, make sure to check these 4 things
1) Correct IDV
2) All the Add-Ons are included
3) Good Insurance Company
4) Make sure you're policy is being issued from a registered dealer portal - only then you will get the cashless facility pan India.