Ola EV Partial claim settlement; IDV is more than invoice amount

vipulahir

KF Ace
Hello,
I had insured my ola ev with acko general insurance with idv of 155000.few months ago i had an accident and vehicle was declared total loss,upon claim settlememt they are proposing for 103999 which is invoice amount, in this case my idv is more than invoice amount
please help.

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
What does your insurance document say? IDV usually is the net difference between your bike+accessories invoice amount & depreciation. It can never be higher than the net invoice amount. Is the 155000 the cost of ev + some accessories/services?

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
Got it, the govt subsidy will not be covered in the insurance cover. I believe it should be mentioned in the policy document as well?

vipulahir

KF Ace
But technically the claim should be settled on idv amount rathar than invoice amount. Is there any rules regarding settlement ?

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
So what options do i have now ?
If you have agreed to the policy conditions, you will only get the invoice amount that you paid (if you had paid 1.5L, you will get 1.5L). I am sorry but I don't know of any ways to get the subsidy amount back

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
But how can they calculate 1.5x idv than invoice amount and also charged more premimum in that ?
Premium will only be charged on the value you paid (not the subsidy one). Can you share the policy name please? I can try to read their T&C

vipulahir

KF Ace
This are screenshots

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240715-224728_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240715-224728_Drive.jpg
    646.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240715-224719_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240715-224719_Drive.jpg
    740 KB · Views: 4

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
Based on these screenshots, I think Acko has to pay you for the whole 1.55L. Is there any section that outlines exclusions?

vipulahir

KF Ace
No such exclusions so far, but they arguing on basis of disclaimer about total loss settlement will done after deduction of subsidy which is a general disclaimer not any kind of clause or rule.

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
It is a general disclaimer but since it's not mentioned in the policy document, you can challenge their decision. Please consult a law expert though