Please suggest a better Cash Back Credit Card based on my monthly spends

Hi,

I am currently using Flipkart Axis Bank credit card, but as it devalued, I would like to close it and take a new credit card. Can you please suggest a better credit card?

I do a lot of online shopping; I need a lifetime free credit card (or something with annual fee waived off on annual spends of upto 2 lacs) with highest cash back or rewards benefits (at least something better than the current Flipkart card after devaluation). Below is the breakdown of my monthly expenses, please suggest.

CategoryAmount
Flat Maintenance
9,000​
Internet
1,000​
Electricity
2,000​
Milk
3,000​
Groceries
10,000​
Phone Recharge
3,500​
Gas Cylinder
1,000​
Petrol
5,000​
Shopping (Amazon, Myntra, Flipkart)
10,000​
Mutual Funds 80C + NPS
2 lacs/annum​
Health Insurance
20,000/annum​
Term Insurance
75,000/annum​
Vehicle Insurance
15,000/annum​
OTT Subscriptions
2,000​

abhimarda

KF Mentor
Hi,

I am currently using Flipkart Axis Bank credit card, but as it devalued, I would like to close it and take a new credit card. Can you please suggest a better credit card?

I do a lot of online shopping; I need a lifetime free credit card (or something with annual fee waived off on annual spends of upto 2 lacs) with highest cash back or rewards benefits (at least something better than the current Flipkart card after devaluation). Below is the breakdown of my monthly expenses, please suggest.

CategoryAmount
Flat Maintenance
9,000​
Internet
1,000​
Electricity
2,000​
Milk
3,000​
Groceries
10,000​
Phone Recharge
3,500​
Gas Cylinder
1,000​
Petrol
5,000​
Shopping (Amazon, Myntra, Flipkart)
10,000​
Mutual Funds 80C + NPS
2 lacs/annum​
Health Insurance
20,000/annum​
Term Insurance
75,000/annum​
Vehicle Insurance
15,000/annum​
OTT Subscriptions
2,000​
I think a combination of SBI Cashback and Amazon Pay ICICI should cover most of it. SBI Cash back has 999+GST joining and annual fees. Annual fees gets reversed if you spend 2 lacs. This is based on assumption that all your insurance providers are available on Amazon and you can buy Amazon gift card from SBI cashback card and pay them from Amazon..thereby getting 5% return. Similarly for electricity, internet, phone recharge, gas cylinder, OTT. If grocery purchase is online then even better. Mutual funds can't be paid by credit card. NPS you can pay by Amazon ICICI but paying by card has extra charges and will leave you very little in net.

Karunakara

KF Mentor
Yes. One credit card is not enough to different spending of yours. If your Internet and mobile network is of airtel I would suggest Axis airtel card as well. It gives 25% returns on your airtel bills and recharges upto Rs 240 per month. Your expenditure on WiFi and mobile recharge seems to more than 1000.00. Hence you may get two Airtel cards (one yourself and one by your family member) to maximise returns. This card also gives 10% returns upto Rs 250 on your other bills like LPG refling and electricity bills. Note: you need use the card on Airtel thanks app only.

Others bets:
HDFC Millenia. On smartbuy portal you can accelerate your returns
HDFC Tata Neu infinity quite useful which gives 10% returns on bb grocery on Tata Nue app and 5% on Bill pay. Moreover, it gives 5% on insurance premium. Please check is your biller is available in Tata neu app.
Otherwise I suggest Amex MRCC for insurance payments