RBI Ombudsman Complaint: Rectifying Mis-Sold 'Lifetime Free' Credit Card Dispute

ahujadevansh2

KF Rookie
A few months ago, I was offered an SC Easemytrip credit card over the phone with promises of no annual or joining fees, but upon receiving the card, I was charged Rs. 400. Despite raising complaints with the bank and escalating to the RBI ombudsman, there's been little progress. The bank reversed the charges for the current year, but I'm still awaiting further action. I even have a recording of the sales pitch as proof. It's been over 3 months with no updates from the RBI, and follow-up calls only yield requests to wait. Any suggestions on what steps I can take next? Is there a fixed timeline for RBI to address complaints like these? Your insights would be much appreciated! 🙏 #CreditCard #FeeDispute #RBIComplaint

zacobite

KF Mentor
Yes exactly and rbi customer support also not helping me with the issue.
They keep telling me to wait for resolution.
is all this time and. effort worth it.. your time is worth more...bank has reversed already so RBI won't give you anymore relief...

abhimarda

KF Mentor
A few months ago, I was offered an SC Easemytrip credit card over the phone with promises of no annual or joining fees, but upon receiving the card, I was charged Rs. 400. Despite raising complaints with the bank and escalating to the RBI ombudsman, there's been little progress. The bank reversed the charges for the current year, but I'm still awaiting further action. I even have a recording of the sales pitch as proof. It's been over 3 months with no updates from the RBI, and follow-up calls only yield requests to wait. Any suggestions on what steps I can take next? Is there a fixed timeline for RBI to address complaints like these? Your insights would be much appreciated! 🙏 #CreditCard #FeeDispute #RBIComplaint
Even I was missold a SC credit card telling me that it was LTF under some Diwali offer. I had checked their website and their wasn't any such offer and I clearly told that to the 3rd party who was trying to seel me this but she insisted that this offer was present through DSA and I applied however I always had doubt on charges hence I made sure that once the bank makes a confirmation call whether you have applied for a card and tells you about the charges as well..this call is recorded and in all such calls I told that I applied for a LTF card and I do not agree to any charges. Funny thing is such calls came after my card was delivered. I called Customer care and checked if there were any charges and they told the card was not LTF. I have a written complaint to bank and told them to check the recording. The 3rd party called me multiple times to agree for charges when next time call came ( which will record my consent) and I flatly denied. Bank after dilly dallying for few days saw that I never agreed for charges, they made my paid card free. I am sure in the call you got they told charges and probably did not pay attention and agreed to it. In any case if you don't like to pay, cancel the card, they have made it free for 1 year meanwhile.