Review my portfolio please

Utkarsh@111

KF Rookie
Please review my portfolio
Currently doing SIP of 19k per month will increase it by 10% every year .
Currently running 4 funds ,all funds are Direct growth
1.Icici pru Bluechip large cap :5k
2.Sbi small cap : 4k
3. Quant active fund : 5k
4.parag pareikh flexi cap : 5k
Goal is wealth creation for long term , my age is 30 years doing SIP since 2 years ..Planning to continue my SIP for 30 years ... I am state govt. Employee ..Nps accumulation of 14k per month is happening and monthly Lic of 12k is going on 2.5k per month for term insurance and and 1k for health insurance ...
Want your kind suggestions towards my financial freedom journey ..

Mayur

KF Ace
Bro, it appears that your current investment portfolio is somewhat on the higher-risk side, with all four of your Mutual Funds carrying some level of risk. You may have noticed that the performance of these MFs is currently on the decline. Now, let's imagine a situation where you urgently need funds. You might need to sell some of your MF units at a modest profit. However, consider this: if you decide to switch a portion of your investments into a Debt Fund, you'd have a fixed rate of return. Although this return might be lower compared to equities, it can serve as a valuable hedge for your portfolio.

Here's the advantage: you can then withdraw funds from the Debt Fund without incurring any loss, even if the Nifty index is in a downward trend. This provides you with the opportunity to generate profits. You can then take the withdrawn amount from the Debt Fund and reinvest it in Nifty at a more favorable entry point, such as when the market is experiencing a dip.

By diversifying your portfolio and considering a Debt Fund, you can better manage your risk and potentially capitalize on market fluctuations while ensuring you have a stable source of funds when needed.
😇

Goal is wealth creation for long term , my age is 30 years doing SIP since 2 years ..Planning to continue my SIP for 30 years ... I am state govt. Employee ..Nps accumulation of 14k per month is happening and monthly Lic of 12k is going on 2.5k per month for term insurance and and 1k for health insurance ...
As per me if your goal is for next 30 years, these funds are good to go. However, for large cap you can take an index fund instead of an active fund as most of the active large cap funds are not able to beat the index.

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
I'm not an investment expert, but these are some of better performing funds in their respective categories. Seems like you have a decent portfolio

PoornaChand

KF Rookie

Thanks for sharing, you have selected top funds.

My personal opinion,
I personally don't like investing in multiple mutual funds especially when it comes to equity. 1 mutual fund invests in more than 30+ stocks, and why to invest in like 4 equity mutual funds, on an average you are investing in 80+ stocks.

One needs to create his own portfolio, but not his own index for wealth creation.

And you again have NPS I assume you have good equity exposure.

I feel you are over diversified.

And you need to calculate what percent of stocks are overlapped. For example, as of today, ICIC Pru large cap mutual fund and Parag pareikh flexi cap both invest in HDFC Bank, ITC, ICIC Bank stocks.
Why to invest in same stocks with different mutual funds?

Quants mutual fund (a multi-cap fund) needs to give 25% allocation to be in large, mid and small cap each. Well diversified fund. whereas flexi cap fund doesn't have any limit on allocation.

I personally like to invest in 1 Index funds, and 1 flexi/multi cap fund (Optional) to give that extra allocation to small/mid-caps for long term.

Just shared my opinion. Consult your financial advisor before any decision.

yogi1012

KF Rookie
Thanks for sharing, you have selected top funds.

My personal opinion,
I personally don't like investing in multiple mutual funds especially when it comes to equity. 1 mutual fund invests in more than 30+ stocks, and why to invest in like 4 equity mutual funds, on an average you are investing in 80+ stocks.

One needs to create his own portfolio, but not his own index for wealth creation.

And you again have NPS I assume you have good equity exposure.

I feel you are over diversified.

And you need to calculate what percent of stocks are overlapped. For example, as of today, ICIC Pru large cap mutual fund and Parag pareikh flexi cap both invest in HDFC Bank, ITC, ICIC Bank stocks.
Why to invest in same stocks with different mutual funds?

Quants mutual fund (a multi-cap fund) needs to give 25% allocation to be in large, mid and small cap each. Well diversified fund. whereas flexi cap fund doesn't have any limit on allocation.

I personally like to invest in 1 Index funds, and 1 flexi/multi cap fund (Optional) to give that extra allocation to small/mid-caps for long term.

Just shared my opinion. Consult your financial advisor before any decision.
Informative

Why are you paying 1.49% as expense ratio for buying just bluechip large cap stocks ? Your overall return will reduce due to this high expense ratio. Instead you can add this money to parag parikh flexi cap who's return is excellent with respect to it's expense ratio only 0.62%