Savings/Offers on Credit card Bill payments

Mahesh

KF Rookie
Hi,

Do you know any method to pay CC bills where we can save money.?

We can regularly post payment offers and methods to save or earn cashback on credit card bill payments.
This thread can have valuable info for all.

Let us start saving money.!!

Note: Always check offers available to you, before you make any transaction and on the transaction page itself.

Last edited:
Hi,

We can regularly post payment offers and methods to save or earn cashback on credit card bill payments.

Let us start making money.!!
If you can do that , it would be soo great for this community,I am happy to help, let's do it together

Walletwiz

KF Rookie
Hi,

I guess diversely i see cred does give some amount of discount on bill payment .

I guess diversely i see cred does give some amount of discount on bill payment .
I get like 6-8 rupees 💔, the one way I earn a lot of cashback is by purchasing through Amazon with the Amazon ICICI credit card ,I get 5% extra cashback on most of the orders , around 4k per month

Hema Kulkarni

KF Mentor
Hi,

Had head 2-3 months back that HDFC was coming up with something for this, but no Idea if it was actually launched. Would really help if someone could share some insights into this

Hi,

Hi Mahesh,
Frankly speaking getting rewards or cashback on credit card is of no use but if suppose your bill of credit card is around 10k and you have 15 days to pay then one thing can be doone is you pay 2k and earn cred cashback for 3days then pay 2k and repeat it. Through this you can earn maximum benifit of cred.

But in short it won't give more than 1% cashback hence can't be much rewarding its better to get cashback/rewards on spending

Mahesh

KF Rookie
Hi Guys,

Thank you all for the quick responses and kind opinions.

Thanks shubham for a neat trick to avail cashback from cred.

Just to Add I heard, one can use HDFC platinum Debit card to pay CC bills and you get 1% cashback upto Rs.750 per month. So please check the same get any benefits you can if you have that DebitCard.

prati086

KF Rookie
use different platforms to pay the CC bill :

for eg :suppose your CC Bill for Aug is generated on 20th Aug and is of Rs.1 Lakh to be paid on or before 9th sep (you have almost 20 days for bill payment)

Pay Rs.50000 at once by Cheq App(now they are not charging for bill payemnt) ,you will earn 500 Cheq Coins use it to purchase Rs.250(50/month) Swiggy Voucher (profit of ₹ 50)

for remaining ₹ 50000 :

use mobikwik for min ₹20000 bill payment you will get around ₹15-20 CB

use paytm for ₹ 10000 bill payment you will get around 15₹ + some useful coupon

now here comes the Baap of all cashback Trick:

Use Cred from Day 1 of Bill generation to pay remaining amount

they have a Unique concept of CB on bill payment ,if you pay ₹1000 minimum you will get chance to be rewarded with CB for three day continously Day 1,Day 2 and Day 3 (min CB you will recieve ₹10

you can again pay minimum of ₹1000 bill to get CB chance for three days ,and the same will continue for 7 times (6x3) +2 days (1) so total ₹70

Overall you get CB of :₹250(swiggy)+₹30(Mobikwik+Paytm)+₹70 (Cred) =₹350

Hi Guys,

Thank you all for the quick responses and kind opinions.

Thanks shubham for a neat trick to avail cashback from cred.

Just to Add I heard, one can use HDFC platinum Debit card to pay CC bills and you get 1% cashback upto Rs.750 per month. So please check the same get any benefits you can if you have that DebitCard.
Hi Mahesh,
Yes you can use HDFC platinum card only if you have account with hdfc + it comes with a annual fee of somewhere around 500-800 i guess which means first first 50k to 80k bill payment of cc goes in recovering the fess amount itself.

I hope this may help you!

Abhinavshukla

KF Rookie
Hi,

This thread can have valuable info for all.

Let us start saving money.!!

Note: Always check offers available to you, before you make any transaction and on the transaction page itself.
ONE OF THE BEST WAY TO GET CASKBACK ON CREDIT CARD BILL PAYMENT
I think one of the best way I know is Hdfc Netbanking and paying credit card bill through debit card so then you will get 1 percent cash back but it varies on the card as if you have millennia debit card you can earn upto 400 per month , or if you have platinum debit card you can get 750 rupees per month at max so this is the method I am currently using.
I hope this Helps You. :)

Mahesh

KF Rookie
Looks like this thread is really significant as we have a video on bekifaayati YT Channel on the same topic and with explanation on the HDFC bill pay option.
Thanks all for the comments and we hope for more options and savings here.

zack54

KF Mentor
use different platforms to pay the CC bill :

for eg :suppose your CC Bill for Aug is generated on 20th Aug and is of Rs.1 Lakh to be paid on or before 9th sep (you have almost 20 days for bill payment)

Pay Rs.50000 at once by Cheq App(now they are not charging for bill payemnt) ,you will earn 500 Cheq Coins use it to purchase Rs.250(50/month) Swiggy Voucher (profit of ₹ 50)

for remaining ₹ 50000 :

use mobikwik for min ₹20000 bill payment you will get around ₹15-20 CB

use paytm for ₹ 10000 bill payment you will get around 15₹ + some useful coupon

now here comes the Baap of all cashback Trick:

Use Cred from Day 1 of Bill generation to pay remaining amount

they have a Unique concept of CB on bill payment ,if you pay ₹1000 minimum you will get chance to be rewarded with CB for three day continously Day 1,Day 2 and Day 3 (min CB you will recieve ₹10

you can again pay minimum of ₹1000 bill to get CB chance for three days ,and the same will continue for 7 times (6x3) +2 days (1) so total ₹70

Overall you get CB of :₹250(swiggy)+₹30(Mobikwik+Paytm)+₹70 (Cred) =₹350
Thank you for sharing valuable information.

Few things I have experienced at the time of credit card bill payments. Usually I pay my bills on cred only, but last time I tried the different platforms to pay the bill. I would like to share my experience.

Cred:- Its true cred was giving cashbacks max to 10 rupees, but now cred has also cut down the cashback amount. When you pay amount of 1000 rupees. cred will you cashback vouchers for next three days. But when you use the vouchers cred is pay 1 rupees only and most of the times only you will get the cred coins.
Interestingly one more thing I have experienced, I pay my bill 2 days before the due date on cred and I was relaxed cause amount has already paid. But unfortunately I got to know that I got the refund when I was checking my bank statement. I got to know the last paid amount was refunded by cred, I dont know why it happend. Finally I paid the amount the after my due date.

Mobikwik:- They will give you cashback but you have to use that in recharges etc. on mobikwik itself.

Paytm:- They will offer various cashback vouchers to apply before bill payments, but they will give you 5 or 10 or 50 cashback points and 1100 points = 10 rupess, 5500 points= 50 rupees. ( You have to collect and wait for long to use them).

Phonepe:- Sometimes they will give you cashback of up to 100 or 200 if you pay the bill via upi/ debit card, but they will charge extra 1 rupee when you pay the bill.

Most important thing is payment settle time. Different platforms have different payment settlement time. Specially in the One card, If you pay one card bill from their app it will be settled instantly otherwise it will take 2-3 working days.

Thank you

abhimarda

KF Mentor
I specifically opened HDFC account and took Platinum debit card which gives Rs.750 cashback @1% and then remaining from Mobikwik which gives 1% max Rs.100 per card per month. However, there is a bug/feature in Mobikwik. Probably, it will be clear with an example (assuming that someone does not have liquidity issues and wants to maximize cashback on bill payment). In the month of Nov'23 I had already used up HDFC Billpay for 75k for payment and had used ICICI Bank card for approx 75k which I was going to pay in Dec by HDFC (i.e. maxed out HDFC billpay in Nov and Dec). I also had used around 50k in my HDFC card whose bill was going to generate early Dec and last payment date in Dec itself. I had HDFC card Nov bill of 10131 to be paid 8n Nov itself ( with a knowledge that my Dec bill will exceed 50k). After paying Nov bill of 10131 through Mobikwik, I went to historical transaction list and repeated the transaction of 10131 4 times(this needs to be done prior to last bill payment date of Nov and is payment prior to bill generation) and used FULLPAY on Mobikwik and got Rs. 400 cashback on such payment.

Few things to note:
1) You are doing a payment prior to bill generation of next month and on/before the last payment date of current month.
2) You are not enjoying the full credit period of next bill cycle and assuming you have enough liquidity.
3) You should be doing such thing if your current bill is lower than 10k or closer to it to get full benefit.
4) Current bill should be in whole rupees and should not have paise component as when you try to repeat the transaction you will need to enter the last bill amount manually and it won't let you enter any paise amount without which FULLPAY won't be applicable.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231231_142336.jpg
    Screenshot_20231231_142336.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Adi