SBI Credit Card Rent Payment

aritrik

KF Rookie
What is the best way to pay rent through SBI Credit Cards. I have a SBI Club Vistara Credit Card. Any suggestions?

17ysaurabh

KF Mentor
I don't think paying rent through an SBI card is a good idea anymore. They would charge you Rs. 199 + taxes extra.
Besides, if you are gonna use any platform like Cred or Paytm, they again charge between 1-2% of the house rent.

Tips:
  • Pay with a credit card only if you are getting more cashback than the extra charges applied.
  • Apps like Paytm and Cred boast cashback offers on rent payments. But, if you read carefully, the cashback applies to the service charge and not the rent amount. It's misleading.

Last edited:

nirnay

KF Rookie
I don't think paying rent through an SBI card is a good idea anymore. They would charge you Rs. 199 + taxes extra.
Besides, if you are gonna use any platform like Cred or Paytm, they again charge between 1-2% of the house rent.

Tips:
  • Pay with a credit card only if you are getting more cashback than the extra charges applied.
  • Apps like Paytm and Cred boast cashback offers on rent payments. But, if you read carefully, the cashback applies to the service charge and not the rent amount. It's misleading.
I agree.

aritrik

KF Rookie
Even by paying 1000 RS extra on rent per month, considering rentals at 55000, I will be able to get 5 premium economy tickets from vistara ( considering other spends annually of 2lakhs). This means I will be able to get 5 tickets by spending 16000rs ( less than 4k per ticket). Is that a bad deal? Is there a better credit card for rent payment?

aritrik

KF Rookie

Tips:
Even by paying 1000 RS extra on rent per month, considering rentals at 55000, I will be able to get 5 premium economy tickets from vistara ( considering other spends annually of 2lakhs). This means I will be able to get 5 tickets by spending 16000rs ( less than 4k per ticket). Is that a bad deal? Is there a better credit card for rent payment?

sahil

KF Rookie
This is what I am also thinking, this should be a good deal. Just 1 point I have which I am not sure, the rent payments are considered against the milestone benefits or not?

maplepro573

KF Rookie
Bad news, they have discontinued the cash back/milestone reward point for SBI vistara credit cards from 15th April 2024 onwards for the rent payments. Just saw the mail today. Goodluck :)