SBI forced to buy Policy

Hello, My mother was getting govt pension from treasury office, and was asked her to transfer her pension to bank, so my mother has requested to transfer her pension, the bank manager told her that they will do it but she need to buy a policy (insurance), ultimately she ended up buying a policy, so it is really required or just bank does this to full fill their policy selling targets. if not then tell me how to complaint to higher authority and cancel the policy in free lookup period.

zacobite

KF Mentor
Hello, My mother was getting govt pension from treasury office, and was asked her to transfer her pension to bank, so my mother has requested to transfer her pension, the bank manager told her that they will do it but she need to buy a policy (insurance), ultimately she ended up buying a policy, so it is really required or just bank does this to full fill their policy selling targets. if not then tell me how to complaint to higher authority and cancel the policy in free lookup period.
no compulsion.. they are cheating for targets..

zacobite

KF Mentor
unfortunately yes, can you tell me what are the steps? what am I supposed to write to sbi life ?
that you want to cancel the policy.. what else will you write :)..Policy holder had to write from regd email id / follow it up with a call to cust service to take the request.. Worst case go to nearest SBI LIFe office with policy and give written request.. Dont let the 30 days pass...

rk2354976

KF Ace
In offline cases, 15 days free look period in most of policies, first try to contact on toll free number if they denied then mail to sbi life and also create a ticket on bank portal also.

saurabh.s

KF Expert
Just mail to SBI local head office, explaining everything and ask them to cancel the policy.

Just mail to SBI local head office, explaining everything and ask them to cancel the policy.
I have tagged both sbi and sbilife in twitter and they asked me to raise a complaint ticket by sbi and sbilife asked me to mail,

I did both and sbilife local head called me asking what happened and I told all the things, then he asked me to write an application regarding closing the policy, and talking about solution from sbi complaint were raised the branch manager just closed without resolving the issue so I again re raised same issue and ultimately branch manager called me and then we had verbal fight, ig the Branch Manager had got belt treatment from senior head.

Both Branch Manager and the guy who is in the branch just to sell policy had a long verbal fight with me. our branch had a peon who act like he is the boss today that whole attitude was not there with him, he was saying that if you are manager you will fulfill your targets such an idiot peon why do in our semi- urban people call peon sir.

ultimately they asked me to fillup free look cancellation form, and said I'll get my refund within 10 Days. let's see what happens next.

Thank You Guy's for helping me out.

I have tagged both sbi and sbilife in twitter and they asked me to raise a complaint ticket by sbi and sbilife asked me to mail,

I did both and sbilife local head called me asking what happened and I told all the things, then he asked me to write an application regarding closing the policy, and talking about solution from sbi complaint were raised the branch manager just closed without resolving the issue so I again re raised same issue and ultimately branch manager called me and then we had verbal fight, ig the Branch Manager had got belt treatment from senior head.

Both Branch Manager and the guy who is in the branch just to sell policy had a long verbal fight with me. our branch had a peon who act like he is the boss today that whole attitude was not there with him, he was saying that if you are manager you will fulfill your targets such an idiot peon why do in our semi- urban people call peon sir.

ultimately they asked me to fillup free look cancellation form, and said I'll get my refund within 10 Days. let's see what happens next.

Thank You Guy's for helping me out.
Got my refund on October 2nd.

once again thank you.