SBI IRCTC credit card

nikhilchauhan

Administrator
Staff member
State Bank of India has designed credit, particularly for frequent travelers traveling through Indian Railways. This card offers several benefits that save money and provide an excellent travel experience. SBI has launched in association with IRCTC multi-travel benefits for the users at a minimum rate. This SBI IRCTC credit card offers benefits such as ticket booking and lounge access. However, other rewards are also available on retail purchases.

This card is available with an annual fee of Rs. 500 and an interest is applicable on late payments at 3.5% per month. This SBI IRCTC credit card provides benefits like railway lounge access, cashback on bookings, and bonus reward points for purchases of any items. This card is a unique card that caters to the demand of travel needs and benefits of a 350 bonus. This card provides free insurance coverage to the card holders and additional reward points on their future train bookings.

This card provides 10% cash back as reward points on ticket bookings through IRCTC. This card also offers 1% transaction charges waivered on bookings from IRCTC. The card offers a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on the purchase of fuel from petrol pumps in India.

Here are some of the benefits of the SBI IRCTC credit card are highlighted below:

Fuel Surcharge Waiver

This card offers a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on transactions within the range of Rs. 500 to Rs. 3000 at any petrol fueling station throughout the country reducing costs for cardholders. Therefore, this cardholder receives several benefits of getting discounts on fuel recharge.

Lounge Bonus

Using an SBI IRCTC credit card, the cardholder can enjoy complimentary access to railway lounges that make the travel journey comfortable. These lounges provide free food and drinks and help to relax for their next journey.

Dining Lifestyle offers

These credit cards also provide discounts on dining and lifestyle purchases through various merchant partners.

Annual Fee Waiver

The annual fee for SBI IRCTC credit card can be waived off, if a certain amount specified by the bank is spent by the cardholder annually. Therefore, it will make a cost-effective choice for travelers.

Eligibility for Credit Card Application

The eligibility factor for application for an SBI IRCTC credit card is dependent on various crieria’s. Here are some of the criteria that are explained below for applying for a credit card.

Any individual who is salaried or businessman.

The individual should possess good CIBIL to get the card approved.

Documents for SBI IRCTC credit card

The documents required for application for SBI IRCTC credit card are listed below:

Proof Of identity any documents
  • Aadhar Card
  • Voter ID
  • Driving License
Proof of Address Any Documents
  • Ration card
  • Voter ID
  • Passport
  • Aadhar Card
Income Proof Anyone Documents
  • Form 16
  • Salary Slip
  • IT returns
Some banks may ask for other documents that may vary from bank to bank.

Fees Charges

The annual fee and renewal fee for this travel card is Rs.500. However, on cash withdrawal, 2.5% of fees will be applicable on withdrawal or Rs. 500 for domestic and international ATMs. The over-limit usage fee is chargeable at 2.5% of the over-limit or a minimum of Rs. 600. The statement request charges are Rs.100 per statement not more than 2 months. The finance charges applicable on interest will be applicable at 3.5% per month or 42% per annum.

FAQ

Is this SBI IRCTC credit card available with contactless technology?
Ans: This SBI IRCTC credit card is available with contactless technology and annual fees can be waived to record transactions.

2. Can the waiver be available on the renewal fee of the SBI IRCTC credit card?
Ans: The renewal fee is not available on a credit card and the renewal fee is Rs.300.

3. What are the offers available on travel by IRCTC on this card?
Ans: The SBI IRCTC credit card offers 10% value back as reward points on AC tickets.

4. What are the reward points in terms of Indian Rupees?
Ans: To avail yourself of the benefit of reward points of the SBI IRCTC credit card, 1 reward is equal to Re.1.

Conclusion

The SBI IRCTC credit card holders are provided with the welcome bonus in the form of rewards that can be utilized for redeeming against future travels and shopping amount. This card is beneficial for those individuals who are traveling frequently by train. This card offers them cost savings and additional benefits that make it a valuable tool for maximizing their travel benefits. Due to free insurance coverage, the journey becomes hassle-free and secure.

This card has several benefits like discounts on AC class travel, and secured payments that make it a value-for-money card for those who frequently travel through Indian railways. This card ensures secure payments online and offline. This card offers comfort and convenience in lounges during journeys. So, this card can wisely be used to take complete value for money against several benefits and services. This card can be used for withdrawal of money from more than 2 million global ATMs in 190 countries including 43000 SBI ATMs in India.

MrImmortal09

KF Rookie
I travel with my friends a lot, so suppose if I book tickets of my 5 friends on IRCTC, then will I get cashback for all my 5 friends and me including?